Finding a reputable EMS program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iceman132

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for an EMS program.... I found one that is for 3 months and 2000 dollars. EMT-intermediate. (Is that a good price?/ time)

I can post the site also. There isn't anything that looks sketchy but is there a way to be sure (I also want to find other EMT programs)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From my understanding, which is admittedly not the broadest out there, it's more difficult to get a real grasp on the knowledge and skills from the shorter programs.... and harder to retain it if you don't get longer time to practice.

However, you generally get out of these programs what you put into them and I've heard more than one person say that you learn more while working than you ever do in the programs.

Also, my EMT-I is one semester long at the community college, which is only about a month longer than the one you're looking at, and in this area I've been told that it's the preferred program of choice.

Ask some of your local EMTs and medics which program they think produces the best EMTs and what they think of the program you're looking at. It's a good place to start forming a better picture of the program you're considering, I'd think?

are you shure thats an emt intermedeate program because that sounds more like a Paramedics Program Price. check your local community college and with your retraining officer at the agency your at now im shure he will have the skinny on all the upand comeing courses for the fall!