Finding KSUCPM stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bug530

2nd Year NYCPM
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm comparing schools and am finding stats for every one but KSUCPM. It makes me a little wary of the school but I'd really like to see if anyone has access to them to be sure. I'm looking for the general stuff: board pass rate (first time or otherwise), residency rate, and graduation rate. If anybody knows the recent/typical numbers or where I could find them I'd really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

My quote below is from another thread. In my opinion, Kent has a habit of using weasel words - pre-pods don't know to look for these things. Publishing outcomes was a great idea, but some of the schools may be abusing it. That said - its probably better than it was in the past. Students have always chased these numbers. I interviewed at Kent several years ago (I'm about to be a 4th year at DMU). During my interview students repeatedly asked Kent for their outcomes - board scores, graduation, attrition, etc. They wouldn't answer the questions. So we have something now, but its of questionable value.

Would be interesting to see Kent report their numbers in the same manner that Barry did - I really hate the averaging approach (though DMU does occasionally use it). If you want to see some potential obfuscation look at how Kent wrote their numbers.

"APMLE - Passing rates by time of graduation." I think what most people expect to see here is 1st and 1st + 2nd administration pass rates. The wording doesn't suggest that. If you can't pass part I in 2 tries you are doing something wrong and I can't imagine being dragged along into 3rd/4th year still trying to pass part I before graduation. Did I mention - $900 a try.

"To Date, 94% of total eligible students from the classes of 2012-2014 seeking residencies have been placed." - What does "seeking residencies" mean. Does this mean that if unmatched students gave up they are no longer included? What about students who didn't pass boards part II - they aren't eligible so I suppose they aren't seeking either? I don't believe this is what CPME had in mind when they mandated these reports. People deserve to know how many people were given diplomas and have residencies.

4 year verse 5 year graduation rate - I feel like I'm missing something, but shouldn't the 5 year graduation rate be higher than the 4 year graduation rate? The time period is the same (2012-2014) so the student cohort size should be the same. I would assume the 5 year rate includes all the people who graduated in 4 year + the additional pickups who needed the additional year. Maybe this is reporting something different than I think - perhaps Kent really does have a 5 year track... which is bizarre because sometimes I think this is should be a 3 year degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
Starting next year, CPME will provide schools with a pre-written form to further standardize the reporting (due to student complaints). There will always be ambiguity unfortunately.
You mentioned this previously - I'm looking forward to seeing that. I hope whoever prepares the form is as devious as the schools have been.

My quote below is from another thread. In my opinion, Kent has a habit of using weasel words - pre-pods don't know to look for these things. Publishing outcomes was a great idea, but some of the schools may be abusing it. That said - its probably better than it was in the past. Students have always chased these numbers. I interviewed at Kent several years ago (I'm about to be a 4th year at DMU). During my interview students repeatedly asked Kent for their outcomes - board scores, graduation, attrition, etc. They wouldn't answer the questions. So we have something now, but its of questionable value.

Ok so going to try to clarify Kent's stats because they are impossible to cut thru (especially that stupid handbook which was written by OCPM and then they changed the logo on the front).

-If you don't pass Part I in the first 2 tries you are stopped and rolled back one class. Basically you must pass in order to become a 3rd year. If you fail Part 1 a 3rd time you are removed from the school.
-As far as the CPME stats go, I have been told that "seeking residencies" means those who go thru the CASPR/CRIP cycle. It does not include those that did not pass Part II as they are not allowed to seek a residency.
-There did exist until c/o 2016 a 5 year track at Kent. Hence the "5 year graduation rate." It was higher because there were usually around 4-7 students per class in this track and most would make it thru to graduation with the extra time. This was an OCPM thing and is no longer offered (thank God). That 5 year rate would also include those who failed Part 1 twice and had to be rolled back a year.

If anyone has any other Kent stats questions feel free to ask here or DM me. I no longer do my work-study with admissions so there's nobody looking over my shoulder and I'll do my best to answer.

Reactions: 1 user