Finished EK 101 and TPRH Verbal Workbook, what next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frikifish

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT in October and received 13 in verbal section. I did everything in EK 101 and TPRH Verbal Workbook. Taking the new MCAT in April and need new practice material. Any good suggestions on what books I should get now? I am using TBR currently but there aren't enough passages.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you retaking the MCAT? Your verbal score is great. What were your scores for the sciences?

As for other material to use, I would suggest reviewing AAMC exams 3-11. Those are by far the best resources until the new MCAT question packs come out. And I'm almost certain that the CARS question pack is just a gathering of the AAMC exams 3-11. Here's a link to the MCAT question packs but keep in mind that it's not available yet, http://offers.aamc.org/mcat-question-packs

Why are you retaking the MCAT? Your verbal score is great. What were your scores for the sciences?

As for other material to use, I would suggest reviewing AAMC exams 3-11. Those are by far the best resources until the new MCAT question packs come out. And I'm almost certain that the CARS question pack is just a gathering of the AAMC exams 3-11. Here's a link to the MCAT question packs but keep in mind that it's not available yet, http://offers.aamc.org/mcat-question-packs
Thanks for the reply! I got 8 for PS and 9 for BS so not very satisfied with those scores. I also did most of the passages in the AAMC tests. Will keep in mind about the MCAT question pack! Thanks!

Doesn't TBR's VR book have a boatload of passages? Or are you talking about quality? I believe it's like split in 1/3 good and 2/3 bad based on the previous threads about TBRs VR book.

Doesn't TBR's VR book have a boatload of passages? Or are you talking about quality? I believe it's like split in 1/3 good and 2/3 bad based on the previous threads about TBRs VR book.
My study schedule for verbal is to do at least 2 passages each day until test day, which is around 180 passages TBR verbal has around 98 passages, only half of what I need. I have also heard the talk about the quality of the passages so I don't want to base all my practice on just one source.