Finished!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Don

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well im done! im pretty happy with my scores.....except for math:( but i guess one bad section isnt the worst thing in the world right? what do you guys think?
Dat Destroyer was on the mark big time. Bio was great! all the info was concise and well explained...perfect for the DAT. Gchem covered everything...I was totally prepared after that, and orgo was amazing...with the road maps and explinations I walked in with full confidence and nailed it!
kaplan i found useful for practicing test conditions(like on the computer and the format of the test)

Bio-22
Gchem-22
Ochem-23
RC-18
QR-16:(
TS-22
AA-20
PAT-20

you think the QR is going to kill me?

Members don't see this ad.

Sick scores, bro. Congrats...I think you'll definitely get accepted somewhere, unless you have a 2.0 GPA.

I don't think your QR score will keep you out of every dental school, but there are some schools where a 17 or above is needed in every section (that's what I've heard)...If that is true, we're both screwed cuz I did well in all my sections except QR.

- The Dude

hey thanks for the reply....from what ive heard the cut off at least in most schools is a 15.
my gpa is around a 3.5 with a 3.6 science
if you have anyquestions about how i studied or anything like that please feel free to ask
The Don

hey thanks for the reply....from what ive heard the cut off at least in most schools is a 15.
my gpa is around a 3.5 with a 3.6 science
if you have anyquestions about how i studied or anything like that please feel free to ask
The Don

No way dude - I'm not taking the DAT a 3rd time; I'm happy with the scores I got the 2nd time; my QR was a 15, by the way...so if what you posted was true, then you're making me very happy at the moment.

- Dudewhensmydat

Members don't see this ad :)
good job...always knew you'd do well.

the 16 won't hurt, most schools don't care about QR that much in comparison to any of the other scores. Hell, how many times in dental school will they ask us to figure out the shaded area of a cube with a trapezoid cut out of it anyway?

How and what did you study? Kaplan class? Kaplan blue book? ....

What passages did you have for RC? I had one about stocks, ANS and something else I can't remember. I noticed quite a few people had the same one as I did.

i studied the kaplan fat review book i dont know if its the blue book(i dont think it is ) i jutst read over the bio for a review....destroyer was my main studying guide. i just pounded it as much as i could. anything else i can help you with, just let me know.
my RC passages were astroids, cholestrol, and i actually dont even remember the third one! thats crazy....ill try to think of it. sorry

Is it the Kaplan book that you can get on Amazon? I think it is $65 and it is the 3rd edition?

its the kap review book that you get when you take the course...i actually got it from a friend who was done with it and took the class, so im not exactly sure how to go aboutpurchasing it. its a big fat book the says DAT on it(paper back)
sorry i cant be more specific...i gave it away to one of my friends

well done don!! great scores! and thanx for the study tips. i wish you best of luck with the schools. please do us all a favor and if you find out at any of your interviews the truth about what schore is considered to low- please post it for us. thanx man and good luck!

well im done! im pretty happy with my scores.....except for math:( but i guess one bad section isnt the worst thing in the world right? what do you guys think?
Dat Destroyer was on the mark big time. Bio was great! all the info was concise and well explained...perfect for the DAT. Gchem covered everything...I was totally prepared after that, and orgo was amazing...with the road maps and explinations I walked in with full confidence and nailed it!
kaplan i found useful for practicing test conditions(like on the computer and the format of the test)

Bio-22
Gchem-22
Ochem-23
RC-18
QR-16:(
TS-22
AA-20
PAT-20

you think the QR is going to kill me?

good scores!
congrats

Its easy to get the Kaplan book. just got to amazon or Band N and buy one. Theyre pretty good for getting some great general knowledge of the sciences. I also think searching on websites for animated processes is important. There's tons of great material out there you just have to search for it. Btw The Don those are awsome scores

Great scores congrads man!! Ill tell you from my knowledge i hear msot schools saying they barely look at the math section so dont worry to much about it. Your sure to get in with thsoe scores. Your sciences are great!! Congrads again Good Luck!!

i think it was around 50 or 51 percentile, but why does that matter? the schools dont see the percentiles, and anyway....everyone else that ive spoken to including many ppl on this forum have been saying that math is the least looked at section and that it wont harm me too much....why do you think it will hurt me so much???

Yeah QR isn't too important, but a 16 can really hurt your app when there is someone who has an 18.