First Aid Cases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSeanieB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a ballpark for what percentage of the diseases in First Aid Cases appeared on the exam? Also, what percentage of diseases on the exam were not mentnioned in FA cases?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone give me a ballpark for what percentage of the diseases in First Aid Cases appeared on the exam? Also, what percentage of diseases on the exam were not mentnioned in FA cases?

I had read all of CASES earlier this year, but I'm not so sure your question can really be answered that simply. CASES touched upon a lot of stuff that appeared on my exam, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it necessarily helped me in any way.

For instance, delirium tremens, as mentioned in CASES as a very straightforward presentation, vs and being able to identify it (in a USMLE-style vignette) in a patient three days after having been admitted for a cholecystectomy, are two different things.

I found CASES to be helpful to make sure certain bases weren't being entirely missed, but I think the net gains that I had made from it weren't substantial. Yet again, it depends where you are in your prep. If you're early in MS2, CASES would be more impactful than if you were 6-weeks-out.

I'd recommend it as an adjunct during MS2 to go through as side-reading when you don't feel like doing real studying (e.g. you're lounging on the couch before dinner waiting for the water to boil).