First Aid Organ Systems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacpremed87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you recommend First Aid Organ Systems to read through before and during each block?

Members don't see this ad.

I just started medical school so i haven't tried this, but I do have a friend who is a second year that does this at a MD school and does very will with it.

Most people (including myself) at my school annotate first aid with additional notes during that respective block. It's a good way to actively study and give yourself a great resource once boards come around

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't used that book (only the standard FA), but I highly recommend reading BRS Physio regardless.

if you have the time, sure...why not.

Would you recommend First Aid Organ Systems to read through before and during each block?

Before each block - NO.....If you can read, understand and retain that information before any class or guidance, more power to you. Sure you may pick up a thing here or there, but no need for it.
during each block - YES, w/ annotations. It'll help make sure your school is doing there job, and help you prepare for boards without going to crazy

Last edited:
I personally read it the first day or 2 at the beginning of the block to get a general overview. Generally there is a lot of good info, but it has a ton of stuff your lecturers won't test you on.