First aid step 2 ck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedSoxSuck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is it worth transferring annotation from Fa step 1 (uworld etc) to fa step 2 ck? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Is it worth transferring annotation from Fa step 1 (uworld etc) to fa step 2 ck? Thanks!

Stop. This topic has come up often in this forum.

Step 2 is about "the next step" either diagnostics or treatment. Every once and a while they will want to know what the diagnosis is. There are VERY few, if any, pathophysiology questions.

Step 2:
1. NO curveballs
2. NO basic science
3. YES next step

If you are going to do well on the Step 2, you should read and focus on material that is specifically oriented for Step 2. If you don't, you are going to learn a lot of stuff you don't need. Can you use it in life? Sure. But this is Step 2. This is a Step 2 forum. Do not bring Step 1 baggage into it. You only have so much room in your brain for memorization. If you could spend your time reading another text in preparation for Step 2, yo ucould fill your brain with more Step 2 stuff. Or... you could waste that space with Step 1 material.

DONT LOOK AT STEP 1 RESOURCES WHILE PREPARING FOR STEP 2

Stop. This topic has come up often in this forum.

Step 2 is about "the next step" either diagnostics or treatment. Every once and a while they will want to know what the diagnosis is. There are VERY few, if any, pathophysiology questions.

Step 2:
1. NO curveballs
2. NO basic science
3. YES next step

If you are going to do well on the Step 2, you should read and focus on material that is specifically oriented for Step 2. If you don't, you are going to learn a lot of stuff you don't need. Can you use it in life? Sure. But this is Step 2. This is a Step 2 forum. Do not bring Step 1 baggage into it. You only have so much room in your brain for memorization. If you could spend your time reading another text in preparation for Step 2, yo ucould fill your brain with more Step 2 stuff. Or... you could waste that space with Step 1 material.

DONT LOOK AT STEP 1 RESOURCES WHILE PREPARING FOR STEP 2

I have reviewed the above post and I agree with the poster's assessment and plan.

Step 2 is the next step, you should be focusing on that, literally and metaphorically. Step 1 was determine the pathophysiology and perhaps the diagnosis. Step 2 is to make the diagnosis, confirm it and decide the next step in treatment. Step 2 material and third year are much more focused on this than anything from Step 1, even Goljan RR.

I used First Aid for CK as my main book. Preferred it to MTB2 or SUTS2. Look at the books at the bookstore and use whatever works for you. Basically MTB2 is better if you have like 2-3 weeks to study and need a faster but still high-yield read. FA2CK is more for people with longer times as it's a bit more detailed. I think SUTS2 is somewhere in between but that's just my opinion as I only glanced through it at the bookstore and didn't like it.

I used First Aid for CK as my main book. Preferred it to MTB2 or SUTS2. Look at the books at the bookstore and use whatever works for you. Basically MTB2 is better if you have like 2-3 weeks to study and need a faster but still high-yield read. FA2CK is more for people with longer times as it's a bit more detailed. I think SUTS2 is somewhere in between but that's just my opinion as I only glanced through it at the bookstore and didn't like it.

What is MTB2 and SUTS2? I just started my 3rd year so i have time. Thanks!!