First aid vs dental decks for NBDE part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterx2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you can pick using only one resource for the boards, which would you pick ??

I'm 200 pages into First aid (700 pgs total) and tbh its a terrible book. Info is just thrown at you in the form of pictures and charts and you have to rely on google and youtube several times per page to pick up the mess. Its also full of errors.

Dental decks seem to be better organized with better explanations and fewer errors, but its HUGE. Like 1,500 cards and heavy too.

Should I stick with First aid and just slog through the remaining 500 pages of misery ? Or start over with 1500 cards in the dental decks??

Members don't see this ad.

I went through all of the decks 1 time and used the first aid as reference to the decks. I did use all of first aid for the dental section. I left the test thinking that it went really well. And it did haha

I wasn't a fan of the decks. It is just random facts. That wasn't a good way of studying for me. The worst part of first aid is anatomy. It is all charts and figures. For that section I only used my notes from mu anatomy class which was really focused towards boards. I also used 300 dental anatomy facts you need to know for boards which is a video on YouTube. Every question I had was covered on that video. Other than that I pretty much only used First Aid. There are a decent amount of mistakes in the book that I caught but it will get you a pass