first aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJmoney817

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2007 vs 2008

Members don't see this ad.

2007 vs 2008

Are you asking if you should get the newest one?

Okay, let's settle this once and for all: YES, get the newer version. The $50 you spend for a great review book, a brand new copy, and peace of mind that you have the most updated version is a drop in the USMLE cost bucket. This is (arguably) the most valuable book most people ever buy pursuing your career, just buy the new version.

If you have the 2007 edition already, just stick with that. Thats what i used and it worked out well for me.

First aid doesnt really change all that much from year to year- except for which errors it contains.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have the 2007 edition already, just stick with that. Thats what i used and it worked out well for me.

First aid doesnt really change all that much from year to year- except for which errors it contains.

:laugh:

Yeah, you may be right. I mean people last year used 2007 as the "most recent edition" and did extremely well, so it's not a big deal, but in my opinion the extra $50 is still worth the peace of mind that you're getting be best/most updated version.

haha, yea im the same exact way. i wanted to get the latest edition for the same reason but it doesn't matter at all. in fact, i didnt even end up using the book much...however, i ended up 3 hole punching it at a kinkos which helped when I wanted to remove certain sections of the book or jot down notes.

haha, yea im the same exact way. i wanted to get the latest edition for the same reason but it doesn't matter at all. in fact, i didnt even end up using the book much...however, i ended up 3 hole punching it at a kinkos which helped when I wanted to remove certain sections of the book or jot down notes.

I got it spiral-bound so the pages would lay flat and I could double it over and write closer to the hinge. Worked like a dream. Great review book. My anchor.