First Paycheck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Army60K

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long of a delay should I anticipate between my last HPSP stipend deposit and my first paycheck as an intern? When did some of you Army folks start getting paid?

Members don't see this ad.

How long of a delay should I anticipate between my last HPSP stipend deposit and my first paycheck as an intern? When did some of you Army folks start getting paid?

Your stipend stops on the day you graduate. If that is after the 15th, the last stipend check will be on the 1st. Your AD pay starts on the day you check into your new command. If it is before the 7th/22nd you will get it on the 15th or 1st respectively. After 7/22 it will likely be 1st or 15th respectively.

Your stipend stops on the day you graduate. If that is after the 15th, the last stipend check will be on the 1st. Your AD pay starts on the day you check into your new command. If it is before the 7th/22nd you will get it on the 15th or 1st respectively. After 7/22 it will likely be 1st or 15th respectively.

Unfortunately a bad finance office can delay it another 2 weeks.
If in doubt, on the day you arrive you can ask for a base pay advance until you get a real check. If very short of money, there are emergency funds. It is a common problem for new residents.

Members don't see this ad :)

Can we check in early (before our RNLTD) to get the ball rolling?

Can we check in early (before our RNLTD) to get the ball rolling?

Check the instructions of your PCS orders. It is specifically verbotten on the Army PCS orders.

Thanks for the info. Just trying to prepare for the worst case scenario but trying to hope for the best. If it is anything like getting reimbursed for travel, I'm not going to hold my breath.