First time taking PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Izzyness

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I take the PCAT today and got my preliminary scores.

Verbal: 423 / 82
Biology: 414 / 69
Reading Comprehension: 417 / 81
Quantitative Ability: 402 / 51
Chemistry: 426 / 85
Composite 416 / 79

My first question is how much do these scores change on the official report.

My 2nd is do you think I should take it again.

I'm gonna try to get into the University of Toledo Pharmacy program

Members don't see this ad.

Composite 416 / 79

to me, ur score is good enough.

Members don't see this ad :)

Composite 416 / 79

UT has a 50% acceptance rate, mainly because they only accept their own students. Even still, as long as you are a UT student you will be just fine. Good job.

Biology - 89th
Chemistry - 95th
Reading Comp - 25th
Quantative- 27th
Verbal - 68th

Composite: 72

What are my chances of getting into Mercer? Do I need to retake??

Please help

Hi,

First of all congrats for your scores.
I will be sitting for the Jan, PCAT, I have started with the basics and so I wanted to know the important topics in the anatomy and physiology portion of biology which are usually asked.

Thanks in advance :)

Biology - 89th
Chemistry - 95th
Reading Comp - 25th
Quantative- 27th
Verbal - 68th

Composite: 72

What are my chances of getting into Mercer? Do I need to retake??

Please help
Your composite is decent for Mercer, but having two subsection scores that are that low makes me not sure. I recommend calling and asking them. I applied and was accepted to their program (but didn't go bc of $$$$), and they were probably the friendliest of all the admissions teams I encountered. At my interview there, I met and talked to either the Dean or Assistant Dean of Admissions during the mingling phase of the interview session.

I joked to him that I did well on the PCAT, but my highest score was in RC and not the science sections they probably really look at. He told me that he values the reading comprehension section the most personally, because it shows the ability to read and understand scientific material. That was in 2011 and I don't know if he is still there, but just a heads up.

Your composite is decent for Mercer, but having two subsection scores that are that low makes me not sure. I recommend calling and asking them. I applied and was accepted to their program (but didn't go bc of $$$$), and they were probably the friendliest of all the admissions teams I encountered. At my interview there, I met and talked to either the Dean or Assistant Dean of Admissions during the mingling phase of the interview session.

I joked to him that I did well on the PCAT, but my highest score was in RC and not the science sections they probably really look at. He told me that he values the reading comprehension section the most personally, because it shows the ability to read and understand scientific material. That was in 2011 and I don't know if he is still there, but just a heads up.
I would expect a dean would put great emphasis on the humanities and be very disappointed personally about the verbal scores and reading comprehension, but I expect the admissions committee would value your chemistry and science scores more. Prescriptions are only one sentence, I suppose.

Composite 416 / 79

I would make sure not to forget the other two components, grades and commitment to the profession. With those scores and good grades and good commitment I would expect you would get accepted and not need to retake. I put a video up on YouTube about this "Pre-pharmacy, the Perfect PCAT and getting into pharmacy school"

I would expect a dean would put great emphasis on the humanities and be very disappointed personally about the verbal scores and reading comprehension, but I expect the admissions committee would value your chemistry and science scores more. Prescriptions are only one sentence, I suppose.

I took mine also in july using only Dr collins and had 96 percentile. i have my 2013 guide and want to sell it.. I am super excited scoring a higer composite on my PCAT (Chemistry was super easy for me because of Dr collins. Bio and Quantative wasnt an issue. my verbal was very good, reading was good too, had a perfect score.. Dr collins 2013 guide is perfect for official exams. you will never regret. inbox me if u re interesed in getting mine, [email protected]

Well he was the Dean of Admissions for Mercer's College of Pharmacy. Like I said, I would recommend that they call the school to make sure they have don't have a minimum standard for each subsection. Some schools have a cutoff point.