First year debt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How much debt do you expect after 1st year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mct2762

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's about the time to start accepting loans! I just accepted all mine today and am not sure whether to be relieved that it'f finally done, or stressed out by the giant amount of debt I just plunged myself in to! How much do y'all plan to take out for the first year?

Members don't see this ad.

As much as possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You took out grad plus already? When do you start?

Accepted all mine today as well, so excited I don't even care about debt right now lol. Just happy this program is significantly cheaper than my graduate courses :nod:

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't yet. Still trying to decide what to do. It depends on my wife's income (looking for a job now) and the cost of our apartment (looking for that too)...

I imagine I'll probably take out the maximum amount (~$69K) and if we can live much more cheaply than that, just save the rest and take out less from now on. It's just tough to decide how much I'll need when so many variables are up in the air, and to this point I've never had to use student loans.

I haven't yet. Still trying to decide what to do. It depends on my wife's income (looking for a job now) and the cost of our apartment (looking for that too)...

I imagine I'll probably take out the maximum amount (~$69K) and if we can live much more cheaply than that, just save the rest and take out less from now on. It's just tough to decide how much I'll need when so many variables are up in the air, and to this point I've never had to use student loans.

You can always give back if you end up not using all of it.