First Year DMU Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarquetteGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I will be attending DMU this coming fall and was curious about the use of the weight room. When are the busiest times and the slowest times to use the weight room? Are there any times that are better than others to go work out?? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

MarquetteGuy said:
Hi,
I will be attending DMU this coming fall and was curious about the use of the weight room. When are the busiest times and the slowest times to use the weight room? Are there any times that are better than others to go work out?? Thanks.

The mornings are the best time to go. I am there at 6am and the traffic is fairly light. The worst time is definitely lunchtime.

jonwill said:
The mornings are the best time to go. I am there at 6am and the traffic is fairly light. The worst time is definitely lunchtime.

I lift at lunchtime and it is not that bad. It is not the best time of day for traffic but it is the best time of day mentally for myself to go. In the morning, I would have to wake up and try to have a productive workout but at noon I have just gotten done with four hours of lecture which sometimes are stressful and I go and alleviate that stress. The best way to workout at noon is to do weight training first then cardio second because the cardio crowd leaves pretty quickly. I personally think the busiest time in the wellness center is from 5-7pm. I work during these hours and it is more busy compared to noon.

Members don't see this ad :)
The best thing to do is to work around the time of your favorite tv show. Since all cardio machines have its own LCD display and cable, there is nothing like watching Price is Right while running a few miles.

I'm allergic to iron so I can't go into the gym. Good thing I'm naturally built. :laugh: