Technology Flashcards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I won't be starting med school until next year, but had a question for any current students. Has anyone found digital flashcard programs useful for reviewing/studying course material? I've heard that Netter's Anatomy flashcards are useful, but haven't heard anything about digital flashcards and whether it would be a worthwhile purchase...

Members don't see this ad.

You are starting medical school next year and you have yet to purchase a set of Netter's flashcards?

Members don't see this ad :)
they have netters flashcards on ipods.

i've heard a few people on the allo forum swear by this $15 flashcard-esque program. can't remember what it was called, sorry.

I think Isoprop is talking about iFlash, but its only for Macs. I used it pretty extensively during my first year, but as the developer has been slow to develop for the iPhone I've ported most of my cards over to an iPhone app called iFlipr. But yeah, if you have a PC, CueCard is good...free way to go.

they have netters flashcards on ipods.

i've heard a few people on the allo forum swear by this $15 flashcard-esque program. can't remember what it was called, sorry.
Got Netter's free when I joined the AMA... muwahaha.

Honestly I think flashcards are the most overrated thing ever.

I have Netter's for my phone, and while it's not at all useful for studying for tests I sometimes pull it out when I get bored waiting somewhere to amuse myself with fun pictures.

Honestly I think flashcards are the most overrated thing ever.

I have Netter's for my phone, and while it's not at all useful for studying for tests I sometimes pull it out when I get bored waiting somewhere to amuse myself with fun pictures.

normally, i would agree with you on flashcards being overrated. but netter's cards have been awesome. great last minute review before your gross practical.

Netter's for iPhone are really great - but they are so expensive I've been pretty selective with purchasing them. As far as flashcard programs - if you have a mac, the hands down best is called Mental Case, and it has an iPhone version that syncs wirelessly with your iPhone/iPod Touch. $15 for students.