FlexMed 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an interview invite

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Has anyone else heard anything? I haven't received any correspondence.

Nothing here but I do wonder whether they're doing it by major category, as was speculated in the 2014 forum. @narkog what category are you? My major would definitely be considered in the Humanities.

Ahhh Congrats! I'm hoping and praying. They don't send them out all at once?

Congrats! I am also curious when they send out everything because my major would fall in Social Sciences

I'm computational/engineering, so I bet they haven't sent out the humanities/social science/biomedicalscience interviews yet if they're doing it by academic focus this year again

Reactions: 1 user
I guess there's still hope for me yet! By the way, congratulations on your interview invite. :banana:

I'm computational/engineering, so I bet they haven't sent out the humanities/social science/biomedicalscience interviews yet if they're doing it by academic focus this year again
did you hear back via email? now that you have heard back what does your online app system say?

I actually went and reread the thread from last year and they did send them out in waves....my application status is still "at screening" and my major is...well I don't really know what it's considered as. Media Arts and Sciences anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually went and reread the thread from last year and they did send them out in waves....my application status is still "at screening" and my major is...well I don't really know what it's considered as. Media Arts and Sciences anyone?

Go to your Flexmed application, click the courses link and take a look at the drop down menu that says, "Please select the category that best represents your undergraduate academic focus and/or major." I have a feeling that whatever category each of us chose is the grouping system they use for application review and interviews. Ex: I chose "Humanities and the Social Science" option.

Oh....I don't really remember what I selected...anyone remember the categories?

I don't think there was a Media Arts and Sciences category... I chose Humanities and Social Sciences and I'm still waiting for my application screening to be complete

Media Arts and Sciences is my major but I don't remember what category I put it as. I think I put it in which ever had "Arts" in it.

Ya, if it's category-based, it definitely sounds like none of you would be engineering though, so I wouldn't be too worried yet about lack of correspondence. They might just be doing computational sciences first.

did you hear back via email? now that you have heard back what does your online app system say?
yes, it was an email. Literally nothing changed in my flexed login (it still just says "screening complete") except that an interview button is now available with interview times I can schedule.

Ya, if it's category-based, it definitely sounds like none of you would be engineering though, so I wouldn't be too worried yet about lack of correspondence. They might just be doing computational sciences first.
Does anyone have any idea how often they are going to release invites?

Does anyone have any idea how often they are going to release invites?
I'd expect another wave next week judging by the spacing from last year. It's a shame there aren't more people on this thread to get a better idea...

Also, what is the subject line/sender for the emails? I'd like something to keep an eye out for considering I get about 400 emails a day because that's just how college is.

I wanna say there were three options: computational science/ engineering, biochemistry/ molecular biology/ biomedical sciences, and humanities. I'm not 100% on that though.

Interview days seem to be separated based on area of interest. I applied as biomedical sciences and was part of the last cohort to receive an interview invitation.

Reactions: 2 users
My status is still "at screening", so I guess there's still hope...

I very much doubt they'll do anything this weekend....maybe next week? My status is STILL "at screening"......

My status just changed to "Screening Complete"
I'm guessing that this week they'll be notifying the Biomedical Science category

Are you sure? I'm guessing you're biomedical sciences. I'm Humanities and my status changed around this time LAST Sunday. I'm pretty sure we're next. Computation sciences-->Humanities-->Biomedical Sciences if Bio is indeed last to be notified as @choyphin said.

hmmm… I am a neuroscience major and mine still says at screening…

what do you guys think?

I'm Media Arts and Sciences and it still is "At Screening."

does anyone know if people are ever not offered an interview AND accepted?

Nope, basically the interview is the first cut. No interview, no acceptance.

Can you guys tell me where you see your "status"?

After you login in, do you see your status to the right of "FlexMed" and "Fall 2015"?

Can you guys tell me where you see your "status"?

After you login in, do you see your status to the right of "FlexMed" and "Fall 2015"?
Yes. The possible statuses seem to be Application complete, At Screening, or Screening Complete.

i'm humanities and mine still says "at screening", does that mean I probably won't get an interview?

My app changed to screening complete on Saturday! I'm in molecular and cellular biology so I'm not really sure what to think about which major group they'll be sending out to next! Keeping my fingers crossed that I get an interview!!!

I submitted in mid-December and mine has said "Screening Complete" for over two-weeks now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have the application complete status still...?
Yes, mine still only says "Application Complete." I'm sure it's fine. I submitted 10 minutes before the deadline, and I'm a humanities student. I don't think the status means anything about the quality of our application though.

I mean I'm bio and I've been complete for 2.5 weeks. don't try to impose order on this, I think it may be less structured than we'd like to think.

Reactions: 4 users
Status just changed to "screening complete" earlier today... sh**'s about to go down:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

the screening notification doesn't mean anything- i know someone that received an interview while her screening status still said "at screening"

Reactions: 1 users
Ah I see, well that's helpful. Thanks!

Nope....I've kind of lost hope for myself, but I guess we'll wait and see. Good luck everyone!