FlexMed 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still no word from anyone huh? This whole process seems highly inefficient.....

Members don't see this ad.

@bakapandy Just relax and don't worry about it. I guarantee that when interview decisions are disclosed, the forums will light-up with comments. I'm anxious to hear back as well, but don't allow it it to consume all your thoughts.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm not expecting to get in, my stats aren't great honestly but a program for humanities and medicine... amazing! I had to apply. I sent in my app about a week before it was due, current status is "At Screening" I am an anthropology major, so I submitted under "humanities and social sciences"

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not expecting to get in, my stats aren't great honestly but a program for humanities and medicine... amazing! I had to apply. I sent in my app about a week before it was due, current status is "At Screening" I am an anthropology major, so I submitted under "humanities and social sciences"
Same. I don't expect that I will get in either. But you miss 100% of the opportunities that you don't take. Therefore, I decided to at least give it a shot.

Reactions: 2 users
My status just changed to Screening Complete this morning. Fingers crossed everyone, and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
what time did people get interview emails for the first round?

Guys if I don't make it, it's been real lurking with you guys on this thread.

Best of luck to everyone!

If some people's statuses just changed... they're probably just super behind schedule with review apps. They can't exactly send interviews before they at least taken a look at most people.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you guys think they are doing it? sending best candidates interviews first?

Everyone take a deep breath, you'll know when you know. It's tough waiting especially when others have found out but just relax and keep your fingers crossed

I got an interview today! I applied under humanities and social sciences and the email is from an email address just entitled "admissions"

did everyone who got an interview invite have their status change from "at screening" to "screening complete"??

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think they'll send another wave...or maybe this is the last one?

Congrats all for your interview invites (hopefully future acceptances too)!

...as for me...COSTUME DESIGNER pipe dream it is!:horns:

@Chargers33 are you sure they said just two waves? Granted, I've pretty much given up seeing as I'm pretty sure I put down humanities and I did not get anything.

@Chargers33 You THINK you were told? I don't want to sound mean, but please don't post things you're not sure of. We're all anxious and that kind of stuff isn't helping anyone. The negativity and pessimism on here is unreal and it just brings other people down too guys.. cheer up. And from what I understand of last year, they sent interviews out by major group: computational/math, humanities, and then sciences. I applied as biomedical sciences and haven't heard a thing, my application screening has been complete since early February, and it looks like other science majors haven't been told anything either - and I highly doubt they are rejecting all science majors. So, really, I'm not sure that any of the theories on here matter one bit. I think the only valid thing we can base this off of is last year they were clustered by groups.

I don't know, I just find it hard to believe that not a single science person on this thread has received an interview. That just seems odd. I know they want to target non-traditional majors but not a single one? Even humanities majors who never posted on here crawled out of the wood works to say they got an interview today.

Biomed people: has anyone's status changed to screening complete? I feel like mine has been "at screening" for a really long time...

Hey guys, I've been a frequent lurker on this board, it's nice to finally post. Just wanted to share a recent update that this past Wednesday, I received an interview invite. I applied as a biomedical sciences major. I wish all of you the best of luck!!

It looks like the majority of students in my class are majoring in subjects under the "biomedical sciences" category. I highly doubt they're suddenly not going to accept a large number again this year. It looks like your guys' cycle is simply delayed this year and that they haven't gotten to you yet.

I applied as a humanties and I didn't get an interview yesterday. Even if I don't get in, good luck to the rest of you!

Mine just changed to screening complete (sometime between two days ago and right now)

Biomed people: has anyone's status changed to screening complete? I feel like mine has been "at screening" for a really long time...
Mine has said Screening Complete for 2 weeks now

So far only one biomedical sciences person on this thread has received an interview, right?

I applied under the biomedical sciences category & my application still says "at screening". I think it's okay & I believe there will still be more interview invites.