Flight Tour

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NASA123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. Just a couple quick questions.

For those who have done a flight tour or have knowledge on the process:

1) Any idea on when we take our first fitness test? I've passed my flight physical. I've seen some info around the forums about having to complete a PFT before starting active duty.

2) Most importantly, has anyone heard a date as to when assignments will be out this cycle. I've seen a wide variation from Jan-May in the past.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry...I don't understand the context. Are you a prospective flight surgeon...and of which branch?

Sorry, Air Force... finishing up my intern year as a transitional year deferred... just waiting to hear where I'm going in July.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know (I'm Navy)...but for Naval FS school we were expected to run a PRT within the first month of arrival. We were also expected to be within weight standards (people tend to fatten up in internship) and also be able to swim for water survival training. I would show up expecting to run a PRT. At the very least you will have to run a PRT biannually.

Not sure about your second question.

Things may be different in the AF, but if you don't stay on top of the good people at HRC it will not go well for you, so I recommend regular contact with your case manager until you actually get your RFO. I recall getting my orders sometime in April. Some people got theirs before, some after.

As for the APFT, you should be ready to take one within your first month of assignment to your unit. Start exercising now and you will have plenty of time to be ready.