Florida Gulf Coast University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpthopeful2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my "informal" offer of admission to Florida Gulf Coast University today via email. The email asked me to respond in order to receive my formal offer of admission.

Are there any current students at FGCU on this forum? I've searched around on old threads and it seems that there are some negative reviews of FGCU from students. I can't find any specifics, though. I talked to a person in the admissions office about visiting, and I was told that spring break would be a good time to visit. I'm concerned, however, that I might not be able to talk to students who are, well, going to be on spring break.

It appears that FGCU does a lot of online classes (18 credits), and their curriculum looks a bit different from some other programs (no gross anatomy, several classes called PT Practice instead of specific course titles). Maybe these are some reasons why students are giving negative feedback?

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I received my "informal" offer of admission to Florida Gulf Coast University today via email. The email asked me to respond in order to receive my formal offer of admission.

Are there any current students at FGCU on this forum? I've searched around on old threads and it seems that there are some negative reviews of FGCU from students. I can't find any specifics, though. I talked to a person in the admissions office about visiting, and I was told that spring break would be a good time to visit. I'm concerned, however, that I might not be able to talk to students who are, well, going to be on spring break.

It appears that FGCU does a lot of online classes (18 credits), and their curriculum looks a bit different from some other programs (no gross anatomy, several classes called PT Practice instead of specific course titles). Maybe these are some reasons why students are giving negative feedback?

Thoughts?

I was waiting to hear from them. You got the offer today be email?

I have heard only negatives about their curriculum (Online classes + the way they teach anatomy)

Members don't see this ad :)
FGCU Gross Anatomy is included in the curriculum classes named Movement Science I, II, & III

Thoughts?

Hi dpthopeful2017, care to share your stats? been eagerly waiting to hear back from FGCU

The last time I checked FGCU's pass rate is 100%. They must be doing something right! They have a "problem-based learning model." I'm not sure what this is, but I think you work in small groups a lot.