Program-Specific Info / Q's Florida Gulf Coast University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amyOTpeds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to ask anyone if they currently are in FGCU's Occupational Therapy Program, or if they have applied? There isn't much about their OT program on here, but just wanted to know if anybody else was curious about this school, and their acceptance timeline, interviews, etc.

Please help me out, Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I received a phone call to schedule an interview on 1/30, interviewed on 2/13, and received an email acceptance today (2/17)! I know that they still have interviews on 2/26 as well, and I heard that it could take up to a month after the interview for an acceptance. Hope this helps!

Hi,

I am very interested in applying to FGCU for occupational therapy school. Their application seems to be pretty simple, but I was wondering how volunteer hours are supposed to be documented/ submitted. I see they have a form for volunteer/ shadowing hours but it seems to be more geared toward shadowing experiences since it needs to be signed off by an OTR or OTA. I have volunteering experience that I would want to submit but some of these experiences weren't directly related to OT or weren't done under the supervision of an OT. I would hate to not include these experiences and hours on my application.
If anyone has any insight to this I would really appreciate it!! :)

Hi,

I am very interested in applying to FGCU for occupational therapy school. Their application seems to be pretty simple, but I was wondering how volunteer hours are supposed to be documented/ submitted. I see they have a form for volunteer/ shadowing hours but it seems to be more geared toward shadowing experiences since it needs to be signed off by an OTR or OTA. I have volunteering experience that I would want to submit but some of these experiences weren't directly related to OT or weren't done under the supervision of an OT. I would hate to not include these experiences and hours on my application.
If anyone has any insight to this I would really appreciate it!! :)

Hi! I am also very interested in the FGCU OT school for the next cycle and it is actually my #1 pick as of right now. I think the shadowing HAS to be done with an OTR/OTA so if I were you I would highlight your volunteering experiences that were not directly done under an OT in your personal statement and also the interview if you get one (fingers crossed!) That is what I plan on doing as I recently got a job at a PT office so I still am going to have relevant experience from there but I cannot count it since it is not done directly under an OT. That's just my insight :)