Florida International University c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lacrosseDPT

DPT Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey if you are going to Florida International University post here so we can make a facebook group for our class!

Members don't see this ad.

looks like I will be going there. Have you receive any additional information of what we are supposed to do now that we have accepted?

Haha don't sound too excited. No, I sent an email to my counselor but I guess since it's spring break she will respond Monday. It didn't mention we have to put down a deposit or anything really.. Have you spoken to anyone in that office?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm torn between FIU and USA.

FIU - public
USA - private

I gave my verbal commitment to FIU already because they needed to know. They offered me an extension but just in case, told them I would attend.

I was also torn between UM and FIU.. UM is estimated $80k for a three years and FIU is 45k.. It's a big difference and you will come out of school making the same amount of money no matter where you graduate from. I spoke to 3 FIU grads from 09 and they loved the program and are already successful. Everyone (in the field) thus far has advised me to go to the cheaper school. It's a profession where employers don't really care where you went, they just want to see you passed the boards. I also got into George Washington and would LOVE to move to DC but without cost of living, the program is $96k. This is what helped me make my decision. Go with your gut. Good luck!!

Glad to meet some of my future classmates! I too applied to George Mason. I live in Richmond Virginia, and DC is only an hour north. Went to visit and I was not very impressed with the program. I do look forward to FIU and the move down to Florida. Just visted the facility last week and the new building is wonderful. I'm rambling...

See you all soon!

Kelli

The area around FGCU really isn't that expensive. I guess it depends on what you want to do around here. If you want to go to Naples, then yes, it is very expensive. But if you stay around FGCU, you should be fine. Living off campus, my place is $900/month, everything included except internet (which is $20 a month). I have 2 roommates so I pay only 300 a month. Was rent one of the things you considered expensive in the FGCU area?