Florida MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaucon1973

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I took the Florida MPJE 4 week ago, and I didn't make it. I only study from the material from the board and the book guide to federal pharmacy law. Most of the questions are kind of related to real practice, and I even don't know where to look for the answers :(( I heard this book http://www.helppasspharmacylaw.com/ is a good for MPJE preparing, but it is too expensive. I just wonder if anyone has this book for sell or any idea about preparing for the MPJE in Florida. I am thinking to retake the exam within one month. I do appreciate your help.

Gaucon

Members don't see this ad.

Hi fellow pharmacists. My wife and I are both liscensed pharmacists in Kansas and Missouri. We are both moving to florida and would like some advice or some notes or study guides from UF, I was wondering if any of my peers in here could email me any notes or study guides. my email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance!!

I am taking the MPJE for FL in a couple weeks and was wondering if anyone had any material for the exam that is more condensed than the BOPharm website. Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have any FL law packets to share? I have accepted a job in FL and will need to sit for the FL exam before I start in Sept. It sounds like the FL law exam is one of the more difficult state law exams!

I also saw from previous posts that Rxlaw.org is a good place to buy a law packet, but it's $90. Has anyone bough this before? Is anyone selling it?

Thanks for your help and info! Please PM me if you can help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I didn't go to school in FL and I am taking the MPJE for FL in a 3 weeks and was wondering if anyone had any material for the exam to share!
My email is: [email protected]
Please help! Thanks in advance And congrats to the ones who passed it! :)

Does anyone have any FL law packets to share? I have accepted a job in FL and will need to sit for the FL exam before I start in Sept. It sounds like the FL law exam is one of the more difficult state law exams!

I also saw from previous posts that Rxlaw.org is a good place to buy a law packet, but it's $90. Has anyone bough this before? Is anyone selling it?

Thanks for your help and info! Please PM me if you can help!
Just checking again to see if anyone has any FL MPJE materials to share or if they have used RxLaw.org. Is it worth $90 for the study guide? Thanks for any help! Congrats to those who passed!

Just checking again to see if anyone has any FL MPJE materials to share or if they have used RxLaw.org. Is it worth $90 for the study guide? Thanks for any help! Congrats to those who passed!

I'm sure you can find the rxlaw packet online if you search well enough.

hi i was wondering if you still might be able to send me study guides for florida mpje, i just transferred here.

I used various sources to study including RxLaw and practice tests from Pre-MPJE.com.

The tests from Pre-MPJE.com are pretty terrible and I really would not recommend it unless you'd like a simulated environment with a two-hour limit, 90 questions, and not being able to go back.

RxLaw does a good job explaining the portions of the Federal Law excluding the Controlled Substances Act and DEA. As far as Florida Law, all it does is reprint the Florida Statues.

Overall, I survived on 3 main study sources:
1) Dr. Seamon's CVS MPJE Law Review
2) Dr. Seamon's Florida Statutes Lecture from Nova
3) Pharmacists Manual

Here's my experience. I got a 94 on the Florida MPJE. I only used RxLaw for the 90 question quiz at the end.

Read the statutes. I read chapter 465, 64B-16.26-28 (focus on 26 and 27), and 893.
Do some research on emergency kits in nursing homes.
Read Reiss and Hall guide to federal pharmacy law.
Read the Walgreens review.
Read the Matthew Seamon review.

When you finish, read them all a second or even third time.

I used various sources to study including RxLaw and practice tests from Pre-MPJE.com.

The tests from Pre-MPJE.com are pretty terrible and I really would not recommend it unless you'd like a simulated environment with a two-hour limit, 90 questions, and not being able to go back.

RxLaw does a good job explaining the portions of the Federal Law excluding the Controlled Substances Act and DEA. As far as Florida Law, all it does is reprint the Florida Statues.

Overall, I survived on 3 main study sources:
1) Dr. Seamon's CVS MPJE Law Review
2) Dr. Seamon's Florida Statutes Lecture from Nova
3) Pharmacists Manual

Need the above material if you still have it. Thanks so much in advance!
[email protected]

Please, if anyone has the Dr. Seamon materials please fwd them to me. Will be taking the exam soon. Inbox me please. Thank you.

Anyway I could get a copy. I'm desperate. I from out of state and looking for a good review. I have a good opportunity in Florida. Need to pass. Heck Ill buy good prep books. Let me know
[email protected]. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I am look for anyone that has any study material/advice for the Fla. MPJE exam. I took the exam once already and did not pass (73%). I do have the fla.statutes from the Fla. BOP website and the Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law book, but I feel like there is something that I am missing. Pls. Help!!

send to [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I am currently trying to find study material for the FL MPJE. I am hoping to take the exam in the next month or two. I have tried to request the information from Dr. Seamon, but wasn't lucky enough to get a response. I was wondering if anyone might still have a copy of the study guide they could pass along? If so I would truly appreciate it. Thanks so much in advance. My email is [email protected]. Thanks again.

The other Florida forum has materials attached to it, however the material is from 2011. I am not sure if this is sufficient for the 2013 MPJE. I just downloaded the materials today (5-5-13) myself and am awaiting a reply on the forum to see if it is sufficient for the 2013 MPJE.

Hello, First of all congratulations for passing the MPJE. I have RxPrep, but only the California Law is covered in the book. Was that what you studied (in addition to the Federal Law portion?) Please let me know. Greatly appreciated !!

I would like to ask if there is someone who has rxlaw study guide for fl?pls send me msg if i can share or puchase it.thanks.

Hi, can someone please PM me the UF review? I am taking the Florida MPJE next month and heard the UF review is very helpful. Just in case, my email address is [email protected]. Thanks a million !

HI, can someone email me Dr. Seamon's questions and Florida Law Review please. I am trying to get information to study for this exam. I am taking it in two months. My email is [email protected]

If anyone would be kind enough to send me UF notes or any of the Florida law notes/resources/study materials, I'd be *very* grateful! Please just PM me. Thanks!

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get licensed in FL and I'm wondering if you guys could help me with the review materials. I didn't go to school here so I'm totally a fish out of water right now. PLEASE HELP!
My email is [email protected]
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Hey everyone, Trying to piggy back on this thread, I'd also like a copy of the UF and NSU law reviews if anyone's feeling generous to forward them along! Would be tremendously appreciated - Thanks!

Email: [email protected]

tyvm!

I am new to Florida (moved to florida after I graduated in May.) I have taken the FL MPJE twice now and failed both times. I made a 64 the first time and a 73 the second time. :( I have tried reading the statues, I have a copy of Dr. Seamon's study guide from Nova, and I used the practice tests on pharmacyexam.com. Is there anything else I can try? :scared: I feel like the actual exam is not a test on the laws, but a tricky way to see if you know how to apply the law. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!!

Got one from rxlaw.org today for $99. I'll email it to u (its a pdf). Not sure what to make of it yet. Looks like a copy of the board website. prempje.com has some practice tests but they're not cheap. Strauss's isn't cheap either. Share the ones u have or get in the future. Lemme know ur email

would you mind emialing me the pdf : [email protected]

Hi~ I am planning to take the Florida MPJE and was wondering what study material anyone has used to pass this exam? Any information is much appreciated!

Hi~ I am planning to take the Florida MPJE and was wondering what study material anyone has used to pass this exam? Any information is much appreciated!

I passed it about a week ago its mostly just judgment questions not really any direct questions(maybe 10%), had questions about what techs can do, CE credits, lots of questions about drugs you can by OTC, whats in an emergency box, who are midlevel practitioners, about prescription expiration dates, what to do when government declares an emergency like how long refils last, how long to keep prescritpions, consultant pharmacist questions.

Google "NSU College of Pharmacy MPJE Review - version 2.429 " it will be a pdf file review that someone else posted only thing i used to study and i was fine for most questions. Google is your friend you can probably find other reviews if you look a bit. Look up statues for new drugs that are OTC though. I studied about 5 days on and off and i was perfectly fine never worked/studied in Florida either.

Hope this helps good luck studying!

Reactions: 1 user
I passed it about a week ago its mostly just judgment questions not really any direct questions(maybe 10%), had questions about what techs can do, CE credits, lots of questions about drugs you can by OTC, whats in an emergency box, who are midlevel practitioners, about prescription expiration dates, what to do when government declares an emergency like how long refils last, how long to keep prescritpions, consultant pharmacist questions.

Google "NSU College of Pharmacy MPJE Review - version 2.429 " it will be a pdf file review that someone else posted only thing i used to study and i was fine for most questions. Google is your friend you can probably find other reviews if you look a bit. Look up statues for new drugs that are OTC though. I studied about 5 days on and off and i was perfectly fine never worked/studied in Florida either.

Hope this helps good luck studying!

Thank you so much for posting this. I took the MPJE in June 2014 and did not pass with a 67. I didn't know what to study since I have been practicing in Iowa and now testing for FL. I followed the FL BOPs recommendations and learned quickly that their list of study materials covers only 40% of the exam material. I was furious to say the least.

After searching for weeks for Dr. Seamons' UF review unsuccessfully, this really looks like a comparable focused review. Great find! After seeing the MPJE, this review seems to cover the ACTUAL required material. So thank you again.

Hello,

I am currently trying to find study material for the FL MPJE. I am hoping to take the exam in the next month or two. I have tried to request the information from Dr. Seamon, but wasn't lucky enough to get a response. I was wondering if anyone might still have a copy of the study guide they could pass along? If so I would truly appreciate it. Thanks so much in advance. My email is [email protected]. Thanks again.
I try to take FL law exam so really need study material...please [email protected] Thanks SUNNY