Florida State BOP Intern Hours Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bankai123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I do not see this posted anywhere else on SDN, so I decided to post this question for myself. I have some confusion regarding the intern hours requirements required by the Florida State. I graduated this year with 1680 hours from my school rotation + internship. I am wondering if that is enough to cover the hours required by Florida State BOP. Their website isn't actually clear about this. From the way I read it, it seems like that if you graduated after 2001, then all you need to provide them is the proof of graduation from the College of Pharmacy. However, what worries me is that they actually require documentation of 2080 hours from applicants graduated after 2001. I hope they are not making an assumption that for those graduation after 2001 automatically would have fulfilled the requirement of 2080 hours. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I do not see this posted anywhere else on SDN, so I decided to post this question for myself. I have some confusion regarding the intern hours requirements required by the Florida State. I graduated this year with 1680 hours from my school rotation + internship. I am wondering if that is enough to cover the hours required by Florida State BOP. Their website isn't actually clear about this. From the way I read it, it seems like that if you graduated after 2001, then all you need to provide them is the proof of graduation from the College of Pharmacy. However, what worries me is that they actually require documentation of 2080 hours from applicants graduated after 2001. I hope they are not making an assumption that for those graduation after 2001 automatically would have fulfilled the requirement of 2080 hours. Thank you.

You really need to contact the State Board directly.

Good Luck! :luck:

You may want to contact the board directly, they answered phone calls and response email pretty quickly. However, according to the statue, 2080 hours are required. We only received 1760 hours from rotations, however, during our first year, we are required volunteer/work in a pharmacy like once a week, and with those hours, it gives us a total of 2080 hours.

If you did something similar the board will count those hours also.