Florida zostavax vaccine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have always thought /known that zostavax requires a script in the state of florida until a rph told me no it can be done via protocol if patient is above 60 year old .Only needs script if pat is under 60. T

Members don't see this ad.

Would you administer a vaccine to someone under 60 even with a script? ACIP recommends 60 as the minimum age, even though it's indicated for 50 and over by FDA

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would you administer a vaccine to someone under 60 even with a script? ACIP recommends 60 as the minimum age, even though it's indicated for 50 and over by FDA
Yeah. I'm not against off label prescribing. Would you fill trazodone for use as a sleep aid?

Reactions: 1 user
I'd do zoster for 50 years old, no problem if they had a rx.

I don't do zoster for anyone. It's a joke of a vaccine. Only 51% effective for 3.1 years. At least according to what the crooked manufacturer says.

I don't do zoster for anyone. It's a joke of a vaccine. Only 51% effective for 3.1 years. At least according to what the crooked manufacturer says.

Aren't all vaccines jokes to you?

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah. I'm not against off label prescribing. Would you fill trazodone for use as a sleep aid?

I guess I didn't think about it from that perspective. Granted most protocols and company policies I've seen require ACIP compliance with vaccines, I'm not sure if it's acceptable to immunize against their recommendations.

So assuming your state law and company policy permits, could you potentially be held liable if an adverse event occurs after you give the shot to a 55 year old?

I guess I didn't think about it from that perspective. Granted most protocols and company policies I've seen require ACIP compliance with vaccines, I'm not sure if it's acceptable to immunize against their recommendations.

So assuming your state law and company policy permits, could you potentially be held liable if an adverse event occurs after you give the shot to a 55 year old?
If it were contraindicated for some reason, yes. If you call the MD and confirm that they want the vaccine even though it doesn't conform to guidelines, I don't anticipate a problem.