Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFamily7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am beginning the job search. If anyone has any recommendations or experiences in Florida please PM me.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Where in Florida do you want to go? What kind of acuity are you looking for? How busy do you want to be? Do you want to see kids? Are you okay with getting sued?

I suspect I know the answer to one of these...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where in Florida do you want to go? What kind of acuity are you looking for? How busy do you want to be? Do you want to see kids? Are you okay with getting sued?

I am open to most of Florida, but just not North Florida/Pan Handle. I am simply looking for a well established EM group and environment where the EPs are happy. I would still like to see kids and more higher acuity than urgent care.

Please PM me any advice.

Thanks!

I work in Florida, but only have knowledge of the Tampa Bay area. If you're interested in the TB area, then odds are that you're going to have to sign on with one of 2-3 major CMGs; and that comes with its own set of pluss-es/minus-es. I can count 3 SDGs that I know of between Venice and Crystal River (and hey, I could be wrong.... there could be one or two that I'm missing).

I presently work for a big CMG, but I'm changing jobs here in a month. I'll just say this about the CMG game.... when I came to Florida, there were 5 full-time docs at my site and a whole host of part-timers. I am the last one of those five to leave, and we've lost a ton of part-timers... and it all happened in less than 2 years. That's 100% turnover in 2 years time.

PM me if you have specific questions.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure @dchristismi is recruiting in central Florida. Not a bad gig and has sovereign immunity to deal with one of the problems listed above.

I work on Central Gulf Coast. Lots of CMG's in Florida, but I can name 5 Democratic Groups in Tampa bay alone (not sure if any are hiring). Florida's a great place to live, IMO, if you like nice winters, water, and don't mind the heat/humidity in summer. It's not for everyone. If all you do is worry about malpractice, go to Texas or work at Sovereign Immunity place in Florida (ie academic center), otherwise don't make your decision just based on Malpractice. Pay is above national average, but likely below some other southern states.

Yep, always am, it seems like. (Although actually, now we're starting to expand because we'll be breaking ground on our new ED soon!)

Drop me a PM for details. And don't bother to use a recruiter - there's always enough word of mouth to open doors.