Flu shots...it's that time!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacymonster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the one thing retail chain pharmacies stress around flu season? HOW MANY FLU SHOTS WE DID!!!

I was hoping some of you guys can give me ideas about great places to set up flu clinics? Any help/ advice would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

i don't know what chain you work for.....but if you work for cvs NEVER do flu clinics.......Why??....because your target for next year will be insanely high....keep your flu shots low so you at least have a chance to meet your target every year

I don't work for CVS....but we're actually forced to basically find clinics. Everyone else doesn't have a problem finding one, but it's a little difficult to find them in my area : (

And our flu goal increases regardless. Last year we didn't meet goal and now this year our target increased.

Members don't see this ad :)
at walgreens you have to find clinics as a manager...it's not an option.

Honestly, do companies fairly compensate you for flu shot clinics? Say the clinic is 3 hours do they also pay you for the time to prepare for the clinic, get there, after it's over to clean up, drive back, process the paperwork, billing, etc... I feel like they would just pay you for 3 hours while the clinic was going on then expect all that other stuff to be done on your own time.
upload_2015-9-14_18-38-8.jpeg

Nothing like badgering a customer into medical treatment. Boarding on unethical the way some pharm staff harass patients.

I just tell people we have them in stock and there's no copay and no appointment needed. They will get one if they want

I also put a hardline no to me working extra clinics. I have a new infant at home and there's no way for me to arrange daycare for them on my off days.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, do companies fairly compensate you for flu shot clinics? Say the clinic is 3 hours do they also pay you for the time to prepare for the clinic, get there, after it's over to clean up, drive back, process the paperwork, billing, etc... I feel like they would just pay you for 3 hours while the clinic was going on then expect all that other stuff to be done on your own time.
View attachment 196169

I agree with you, but unfortunately that doesn't stop companies from pushing you to set up clinics : |

View attachment 196169

However many hours it takes I subtract from my hours at the store. I never work extra.

However many hours it takes I subtract from my hours at the store. I never work extra.

You keep saying that, you must have overlap that you simply don't work? I mean you aren't closing the pharmacy early, right?

It's great that you have a partner that doesn't mind but I think most pharmacists can't just leave early.

Reactions: 1 users
When I did a flu clinic I just sat there and did nothing. The students who were unpaid on rotations set it up and did all the work.

You keep saying that, you must have overlap that you simply don't work? I mean you aren't closing the pharmacy early, right?

It's great that you have a partner that doesn't mind but I think most pharmacists can't just leave early.

Yes we have overlap. The other option is they do the clinic and leave early. I also keep saying my staff is trained well. We don't have very many bad days except those days where you do a hundred or more scripts then usual.

I cannot wait until they come up with a universal vaccine for the flu.

Reactions: 1 user