FM program interview invitation for IMGs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhi5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, just out of curiosity, I was wondering when do IMGs get interview calls for FM? I know a lot of AMGs who get invited relatively soon after submitting their applications.

I'm a US IMG. Anyone have an idea for interview time frames for people like me?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate the time.

Members don't see this ad.

I got one. Non-US IMG. I really think it depends on the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a US IMG and I got my first FM invite on day 1, another on day 2. The day 2 program told me all their October dates were already full, this was by noon on day two of applications (17th). I think many programs will not send invites until after the MSPE's are released on Oct. 1, so don't sweat it yet. And.. I will not reveal which programs, but I will say they were in the SE, and in my home state.

Sorry, I'd rather not say the name of the program either. It is SE as well.

congrats! thank you for the insight. if you don't mind me asking, do you know people in the program? or have you rotated there?

I did rotate at both programs and both of them do take IMGs (normal US citizens). So, it is skewed considering I am on a first name basis with people in these programs.

I didn't. I saw on their roaster they have a couple IMGs, but not many. We will see how it goes...

I am a US IMG and I got my first FM invite on day 1, another on day 2. The day 2 program told me all their October dates were already full, this was by noon on day two of applications (17th). I think many programs will not send invites until after the MSPE's are released on Oct. 1, so don't sweat it yet. And.. I will not reveal which programs, but I will say they were in the SE, and in my home state.
Congrats on the IV, but i am suprised your 2nd program has already filled october and its not even end of the week yet and mspe has not even gone out yet. So far I just got one ack from a program

They may have filled because they are a small program. Last year they only interviewed 28 people.. so maybe they don't put many days aside for interviews.