FM Program Lists by Emphasis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackDynamite

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sports heavy
Program a
Program b
Program c

OB heavy
Program a, 100 c sections as primary
Program b, 75 c sections as primary
Program c, 150 c sections as primary

ER Heavy
Program a
Program b
Program c

Inpatient heavy
Program a
Program b
Program c

Moonlighting heavy
Program a
Program b
Program c

No time to moonlight
Program a
Program b
Program c

Can we start an ongoing list similar to this that people can edit? Would make finding the right program much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems excessive and quite unnecessary TBH.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm actually quite interested in this. I had similar questions about programs when choosing my rank list.

Hope to see responses from resident or recent graduates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds too intricate. To be honest it's what you put into your residency. Where I trained it's all of the above (minute the no time to moonlight), and I'm sure a lot of programs are the same. I'm three years out, and my entire graduating class still does inpatient, and half of my class still do OB (surgical). We all moonlighted (ER). The ones who wanted more deliveries got them, and still do them today.
There are tons of programs that are similar, so it's tough to weed out the specifics for each. As long as you do as much of what you like as possible in your three years, you'll be fine!

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds too intricate. To be honest it's what you put into your residency. Where I trained it's all of the above (minute the no time to moonlight), and I'm sure a lot of programs are the same. I'm three years out, and my entire graduating class still does inpatient, and half of my class still do OB (surgical). We all moonlighted (ER). The ones who wanted more deliveries got them, and still do them today.
There are tons of programs that are similar, so it's tough to weed out the specifics for each. As long as you do as much of what you like as possible in your three years, you'll be fine!

That's really good to know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile