for all you ladies ....smoking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noeljan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey girls
my sister had her second baby last week:hardy: she is adorable.
In any event, this so called hospital is strictly you could say a children's hospital. Much to my disgust, tons of people (every time we went there) were puffing away right outside the doors to this place. One pair of women were actually pulling out their ciggies before they exited the door.
How do you girls feel about that? I am the only one who finds it very ironic and idiotic that people are carlessly puffing away right outside the doors where new life is being born (and children who are just entering the world and should be protected??) My bf (who usually is way more lenient on the smoking issue) actually agreed in disgust with me over this (he was with me). I also find it ironic that we cry and want all this increased free healthcare, when I mean seriously we can't even not smoke around newborns? I can't describe exactly what I mean, and it may come out wrong (but I know what I'm trying to say:)
any thoughts from moms or future moms?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not close to being any sort of mom, but I think every hospital should have a healthy no-smoking radius, the last thing a patient needs is to fill his lungs with cigarette smoke. I've seen a few people on their cigarette breaks and they at least cross the street. It's a courtesy and common sense thing.

The school I attend and the hospital associated with it completely prohibited smoking on campus this last year. I think its great, but I'm not a smoker. Prior to the change, there was always a long line of smokers standing in the walkway by the cafeteria; doctors, nurses, and patients were all out there together. I thought it was ridiculous.

I think more and more hospitals will switch over to this because of the increase in evidence about the negative affects of secondhand smoke.