For carribiene applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flmike44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you submit you AACOMAS transcripts represent all of your transcripts. I went to 5 schools, and it would one be a pain to send them all. And of course two I have a higher GPA due to retakes, I'm considering AUC and SGU, as well as DO. So obviously my question is does anyone know if these Carribiene schools will accept this as an official transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

Can you submit you AACOMAS transcripts represent all of your transcripts. I went to 5 schools, and it would one be a pain to send them all. And of course two I have a higher GPA due to retakes, I'm considering AUC and SGU, as well as DO. So obviously my question is does anyone know if these Carribiene schools will accept this as an official transcript?

Post this in the Carribiene forum for more responses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still trying to decide the true motives of the OP?????:confused::confused:

I interpret your question as, "Even though Caribbean programs are M.D., can I submit my AACOMAS-prepared transcript to them instead of another copy of my college transcript? This saves time since I'm already applying American-DO, and allows me to report a higher GPA."

Is this correct? If it is, then the answer is no, you cannot. The AACOMAS transcript is for American D.O. programs only, so Caribbean schools would discard it - you will need to submit official transcripts to them, just as though they were American programs. They treat retakes the same way American MD programs too, so whatever your GPA is for DO applications after retakes, it is higher than what Caribbean programs view it as. While Caribbean programs are viewed as remedial compared to American programs, you do still have to play by the rules.

I interpret your question as, "Even though Caribbean programs are M.D., can I submit my AACOMAS-prepared transcript to them instead of another copy of my college transcript? This saves time since I'm already applying American-DO, and allows me to report a higher GPA."

Is this correct? If it is, then the answer is no, you cannot. The AACOMAS transcript is for American D.O. programs only, so Caribbean schools would discard it - you will need to submit official transcripts to them, just as though they were American programs. They treat retakes the same way American MD programs too, so whatever your GPA is for DO applications after retakes, it is higher than what Caribbean programs view it as. While Caribbean programs are viewed as remedial compared to American programs, you do still have to play by the rules.

False, SGU (only Caribbean school "worth" looking at) will "forgive" the previous grade, just like AACOMA. I didn't bother researching the rest since they aren't worth it.

Source: http://www.sgu.edu/future-students/faqs.html

(NOTE: No way advocating Carrib over DO since that is just silly, but simply spreading facts).

False, SGU (only Caribbean school "worth" looking at) will "forgive" the previous grade, just like AACOMA. I didn't bother researching the rest since they aren't worth it.

Source: http://www.sgu.edu/future-students/faqs.html

(NOTE: No way advocating Carrib over DO since that is just silly, but simply spreading facts).

Oops, good catch. Goes to show how much I know about the Carib.