for GA-PCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDpride

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much are you borrowing or you have borrowed in GRADPLUS loan?

I am starting this fall.

Members don't see this ad.

The max

I'm going to save up for an active new zealand trip before residency starts, huge student loan debt be damned

Posted via Mobile Device

Members don't see this ad :)
TT is saving up to take me with him on his epic adventure in New Zealand. Isn't that sweet? :D

Meggielou is saving up to be my sugar mama.

Posted via Mobile Device

im only taking the stafford loan. no grad plus loans for me. im a big baller like that. lol. jk

chose the right lender and you shouldnt have to worry about gradplus loans. depends on the school's tuition and living expenses. gradplus are marked at 8.5% compared to stafford at 6.8%

the higest one I found was Chase that offers upto $46K/yr for stafford loans

Im curious... do they look at how much in debt you are already becuase of how much you've borrowed for your undergrad...

I am about 50,000 in debt just from my undergrad, to the point where now I am paying 100% out of my pocket for all my post-bacc since I have used up the maximum allowable from stafford loan for undergrad student

I hope this doesn't hurt me when I apply for other loans when Im ready to attend medical school

Im curious... do they look at how much in debt you are already becuase of how much you've borrowed for your undergrad...

I am about 50,000 in debt just from my undergrad, to the point where now I am paying 100% out of my pocket for all my post-bacc since I have used up the maximum allowable from stafford loan for undergrad student

I hope this doesn't hurt me when I apply for other loans when Im ready to attend medical school
They cap you with Stafford at 189,000 or something similar to that, so you will most likely be pullin' a few dollas of the Grad Plus Loans.

They just upped the limit to like $220,000 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

Posted via Mobile Device