Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

For NeilD....

Discussion in 'Podiatry Students' started by thinkmanthink, 03.14.12.

1. thinkmanthink

thinkmanthink

Podiatry Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    http://www.realself.com/blog/surgical-slave-fashion-stiletto-heel

Watch the video...it's pretty obvious MDs do in fact respect our profession.....
    Last edited: 03.14.12
  2. 347932

Attending Physician
  3. AyeAre709

AyeAre709

SDN 2+ Year Member
    You don't need assurance from some website to know that your going into a good profession. Just ask MDs/DOs that works directly with DPMs about what they think about them. Thats what got me to apply to DPM school in the first place. I was doubtful about applying to DPM school and entering the profession but coincidentally I sat next to an anesthesiologist on my plane ride to the DMU interview. She told me that DPMs are just as much doctors as MDs/DOs who perform surgery and that you shouldn't get caught up in titles and stigma. At the end of the day, MDs/DOs surgeons choose a body part or body system to work on. You think being a hand/wrist surgeon is really that much more prestigious or better than being a foot/ankle surgeon? If you do, you should work on your inferiority complex and get your priorities straightened. I had the choice between DPM and Caribbean MD, but I decided that performing surgery and keeping people on their feet and off disability was better than writing insulin and amoxicillin scripts all day. Some people might think otherwise and FP and IM residencies bank on them. But then again who am I to criticize or analyze anything, I was only a junior Certified Public Accountant in my past profession. . .
    Last edited: 03.15.12
  4. janV88

janV88

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I've heard similar things from MD/DO's as AyeAre709 has and I'm sure other's on here have heard the same as well. What I have found is the MD/DO specialties that work with and refer to DPMs (Anesthesia, IM, FM, Peds, ER, PM&R, Neuro, and some ortho) tend to respect and think favorably of DPMs.

Those that directly compete with us (F&A ortho) tend to think of us less favorably. It's just the nature of business and competition. Ask Hand Ortho what they think of Plastics hand and Gen Surg w/hand fellowship. Neurosurg vs Spine Ortho. Anesthesia vs ER (intubating). ENT vs plastics. Etc. It's all the same.
  5. PADPM

PADPM

Attending Physician
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm not sure that this video confirms that MD's respect our profession. It is simply a segment set up by this DPM who obviously has a great marketing firm on his side. The doctors on this show are part of a scripted show, yes scripted. It's easy to tell that because they field questions and ALWAYS know too many details regarding the answer, as if they are answering the question off the top of their heads. It's extremely obvious the questions were received ahead of time and researched and the doctors are now regurgitating answers.

Similarly, this DPM used great resources to land on this show and the physician hosts were certainly not going to be condescending to their guest.

On a side note, the DPM involved has been part of a discussion on this site. This DPM has actually patented names for procedures (such as the Cinderella procedure) for procedures that EVERY surgical DPM I know performs on a regular basis. He states that he has "pioneered" procedures that are NO different from what most DPM's perform regularly. As a result, in MY opinion, although he's a great marketer, his claims are actually fraudulent. He has invented nothing and isn't doing anything different than your average DPM, other than great marketing.

For example, he claims he invented a new procedure which results in more cosmetically acceptable results when performing surgery, which involves making a medial incision for bunions and/or hammertoes. I've been in practice over 25 years, and this was taught to ME during my training by docs who have performed this procedure for many years.

Don't be impressed by this DPM's claims. Be impressed by his marketing ability.
  6. hematosis

hematosis Slappin Da Bass

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I am even more impressed by your "hating" skills.
  7. 347932

Attending Physician
    He's not hating. He's telling the truth. Many of us feel exactly the same way. Ask questions before reaching conclusions, please.
  8. hematosis

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    To come here and call another colleague a "fraudulent" is absurd. He sounds no different than that hideous orthopod that was bashing podiatrist a few months back. I know Dr. Sadrieh and he has achieved all his success through hard work, NOT fraud.

If you both feel that this podiatrist is committing a fraud, then go seek legal action and present your evidence in court. Otherwise, dont make unwarranted statements like that.
    Last edited: 03.16.12
  9. PADPM

PADPM

Attending Physician
    SDN 2+ Year Member

Whoa, sorry that you're not happy with the comments I made about your buddy. And if you're going to quote me, use the quote in the context IT was used and don't twist my words.

The FACT is that I stated his "claims are actually fraudulent" and that's not my opinion, it's simply fact. I did NOT call another colleague fraudulent, but his claims are simply not true. That can not be disputed.

I never made any comments about how hard he works, what he did to achieve his present status, etc., so all your points are completely irrelevant. I made a point that this doctor has clearly stated on his website, in interviews, etc., that HE has invented and/or pioneered procedures that have existed long before he knew what a foot looked like.

I have no problem with a doctor marketing himself/herself. I personally don't believe in cosmetic foot surgery, nor does the APMA, ABPS, ACFAS or the orthopedic foot and ankle society. But that really isn't the point either, because that's a decision he made and does not have any impact on me.

But taking credit for performing an Austin bunionectomy/osteotomy with screw fixation, and making a medial incision for proposed better cosmetic results is certainly not new or pioneering. Using implants for hammertoe surgery to maintain alignment is also not unique to his practice. Regardless of his intents, training, hard work, etc., he is at the very least misleading the public regarding what and what he did not "invent" or pioneer.

Oh, by the way, I just invented a great new product that relieves many foot ailments. You may hear about it soon......I call them orthoses and I'm going to come up with a fancy name and copyright that name.

So in conclusion, if you're going to engage me in an argument, at least argue against points I've discussed. There was NEVER, yes NEVER a mention of your buddy committing fraud. But there is absolutely NO dispute that his claims are fraudulent. If you can't see or understand that, there's nothing left to discuss.
  10. 347932

Attending Physician
    Claiming you "invented" a procedure when it's been in circulation and used by other for decades IS fraud. Look up the definition.

Also, it doesn't affect me in the least so why would I seek legal action? I BET that if he should ever be sued for performing said procedure and his defense brings up the fact that he "invented" these things, he WILL be charged with fraud. Especially the way he is advertising. Btw, HE is not a fraud, but is committing FRAUD. Big difference.

Let's say I do an Austin like everyone else, but start claiming that I invented said procedure and now call it "The KF Way", because my angle isn't the agreed upon degrees. I would consider THAT fraudulent advertising and if called to task, I'm sure every podiatrist would come out of the woodwork and defend me, right? That's why a Kalish Modification is called a modification. It's not a new procedure, but a different way of performing something that came before it a way that hadn't been done before he did it. Kalish did it that new way first, but by penning it a modification he still payed homage to the age old procedure. This guy ISN'T doing that.

Many Thoracic surgeons do the Whipple procedure. They all have their own little nuances of how they do it. Should they now start advertising that they do it a "new" way and name it something else?

Now YOU are basically calling a well seasoned veteran to task because of his opinions, which btw many people who confront this practitioner's way of advertising agree with.
  11. hematosis

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    KF ,

Why are you in this conversation? Is it because I called out your buddy Batman for insulting another podiatrist for allegedly committing fraud?

You are really thick skulled.

You cannot simply say that someone

a. committed fraud
    b. is fraudulent
    c. made a fraudulent statement
    d. created a fraudulent procedure

with circumstantial evidence. Don't come on this forum and say that "As a result, in MY opinion, although he's a great marketer, his claims are actually fraudulent."[ is this in context enough for you?]. To me this is unacceptable. There was no reason for PADPM to make such statements. This thread was about a podiatrist who appeared on a show. There was absolutely no reason for PADPM to insult this podiatrist.

With all due respect (which is not much), you stepped out of line PADPM.

I'm done here. Enjoy the picture you two.

Attached Files:

12. PADPM

PADPM

Attending Physician
    SDN 2+ Year Member

You know when you've lost an argument? It's when you resort to slinging immature insults. Do me a favor and grow up and show respect for the profession. I don't speak for Kidsfeet, but I volunteer my time to answer a lot of questions based on my experience. Sometimes the truth 'ain't so pretty. But I don't sugar coat things and simply tell them as I see it, based on my experience.

If you want to be a brave little punk, and insult me behind the curtain of the internet, blast away. I'm secure with who I am, what I've achieved, etc. You've accomplished nothing yet other than proving your immaturity and disrespect.

And leave your junior attorney thoughts to yourself, because you're clueless. Facts are facts, and your buddy made fraudulent claims. Period. Now tell me that's not true. I can and will state that his claims are fraudulent. That's based on fact not fiction. Your legal analysis......now THAT's based on fiction.

PIck and choose your battles, you never know who may actually know you.
  13. amaprez

amaprez

[​IMG]
  14. 347932

Attending Physician
    First of all, Adam West and Burt Ward were brilliant in those roles so thank you for implying PADPM and I are equally as brilliant in our dynamic duo status on these forums.

I am in this conversation because I chose to be. I didn't realize that this was a private conversation between you and yourself. If it was, please send yourself some PMs so you can impress yourself with how suave you are.

There is a reason for PADPM to do what he did. Plainly, it was because this Podiatrist is insulting those before him and those who trained him by claiming this procedure as his own. In literature, that's plagiarism. In advertising that's called fraud. Try it. We'll see how far you get.

What's interesting to me also, is it seems there are some on these forums who get insulted when someone else is apparently insulting them (which PADPM wasn't) and then reply by slinging insults. Little respect for PADPM??? Really?? I wonder if you will be here contributing as much to the next generation of practitioners after you've been out for 25 years.

Why are so protective of this guy anyway? So, you know him. Big deal. Are you that intimately familiar with his business acumen to know that he ISN'T acting fraudulently just because he is apparently successful?? Huh?? Do ya?? Or is skewed marketing just a small example of what he REALLY does?? Do you know this for certain?? Why so jumpy about it??

Cheers and good luck. See you in the next thread!
  15. SuperFeisty

SuperFeisty

Podiatry Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Oh know... if you two are Batman and Robin... that makes me Alfred the Butler... FML...:mad:
  16. PADPM

PADPM

Attending Physician
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    And hemostasis a "joker".
  17. 347932

Attending Physician
    Insane and dangerous? To the Batmobile!

Hmmmm...

(Btw, I AM posting in an EPIC thread!)
  18. UVAallday

UVAallday

Podiatry Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I hope one day when I'm in practice that I'll have time to get on here and argue all day
  19. 347932

Attending Physician
    Fixed.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal