For new MCAT - EK or TBR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistry4lifee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the new MCAT, do you guys recommend taking the EK course or TBR course this summer? Preferably asking those who took the new MCAT already!

Members don't see this ad.

Biology and Biochemistry - Berkeley Review
General Chemistry - Berkeley Review
Organic Chem - Berkeley Review
Physics - NOVA MCAT with Berkeley Review passages

Do the AAMC practice exam and ExamKrackers 3 full exams.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks for the response! So since you listed the Berkeley Review for the subjects, am I better off just taking the Berkeley Review course rather than the EK course?

Thanks for the response! So since you listed the Berkeley Review for the subjects, am I better off just taking the Berkeley Review course rather than the EK course?

If you live in CA you can take the Berkeley Review course, if not you should order their books and make a schedule. Personally, I think the EK course is outrageously expensive and their materials are lacking. The EK Full Length Exams, however, are fantastic.

Xerxes

Reactions: 1 user

did TBR put out a Biochem book ?

Okay I knew that, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks! :)
What is the second best source for practice questions/passages specifically regarding Biochem/Amino Acid stuff besides TBR Biology Book 2??

If you live in CA you can take the Berkeley Review course, if not you should order their books and make a schedule. Personally, I think the EK course is outrageously expensive and their materials are lacking. The EK Full Length Exams, however, are fantastic.

Xerxes
I live in CA so I can take either TBR or EK course.
Other than biochem, what is EK lacking?
Is there a way to take their full exams without taking the course? Are they in their books?

EK has 3 exams you can get w/o the course. NextStep has 5, TPR has some as well. Take advantage of all the free diagnostics there are.