for people who have positions in pre-dentistry club please reply ASAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know how to find other people who want leadership and take position in the club and i was part of the ASI (student union ) in my school last year and this year, so it's to create a club

but how it works meetings, dental schools visits stuff like that. Can someone have experience reply and help me
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I looked at the pre-med clubs at my school and decided I didn't like how they were similar to info-sessions every week. So I made sure we had a mix of visitors and a mix of information meetings. Visitors were usually dentists (oral surgeon, orthodontist, and two general dentists last year). We had a meet and greet dinner with neighboring dental students, who were so helpful and made the dinner our best event of the year. Our school hosts a premed and predent fair with admissions officers, so we didn't contact any schools to come visit.

Then for the information meetings, sometimes the premed office would host a personal statement or interview tips meeting that we were request our members to go to. More often than not, the e-board came up with ideas and power points themselves. The topics included: most recommended DAT study materials, lists of recommended and required classes and what they correspond to in our school, mock interviews specific for dental schools, etc.

Where are you located! Try some hands on stuff. Ours had $40 dues that included a polo, but those funds helped do other activities too. I see paid members recently did an impressions workshop and some carving. Work with local dental schools (if any). Have ASDA people from those schools present and/or do a Q&A. Skype them if they're up for it. Identify volunteer opportunities you can do as a group...teaming up with schools (if any). I also saw my old club just toured a dental lab and a public clinic that is allowing them to sign up for volunteering there. Predents are concerned with their application. Besides just an entry for being in a club, look for opportunities to add volunteering and hands-on stuff. We had volunteer coordinators that arranged groups to go to soup kitchens every weekend and stuff like that. Coordinate carpooling to visit schools for tours or sim clinics.