For people who mostly used Chad's videos!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrettyOD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Question, so I'm writing my OAT this week and was wondering how effective Chad's videos were to those of you who mostly used Chad's videos. If I watched them all, studied my notes often, took his quizzes, and also did problems off of online practice tests and used kaplan quizzes/tests as practice problems, am i likely to do well? I've been studying all day every day for this and feel pretty good about my test. I plan to take a timed full length kaplan test tomorrow to get a better idea of where I'm at.

If you mostly used Chad's, how did you do on the different subjects? If you are comfortable sharing, that'd be really helpful. I'm shooting for a 330AA, which seems to be a fairly competitive score according to many posts on here. Of course the goal is 400AA but I'd leave the testing center with a smile if it said 330AA.

Thanks in advance to anyone with feedback on their Chad's experience in regards to their OAT performance!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll do well !
I learned all my material off of Chad's videos and I got 350TS/AA .
However, I did supplement Chad's videos with practice from the OAT Achiever & Kaplan practice tests. Those helps also.

But Chad's videos and his quizzes I'm sure are enough to get you 330. Make sure you did RC practice somewhere !

Learned all my material off Chad''s video's, except for the biology sections, where I took notes from Kaplan. I think it should be good to get a 330 from - the bulk of my knowledge was from the notes and quizzes I learned from doing those videos.
I did also do all of the questions in the OAT destroyer, as well as several Kaplan and OAT achiever quizzes, and ended up with 380 AA/400 TS. I'd say though that Chad's videos were the most helpful thing I did, followed by OAT destroyer (Chad + destroyer probably = ~350-360AA), and then the OAT achiever/other exams helped me get in the zone for the real test and not get fazed by the duration. Though, the OAT Achiever was pretty tough relative to the real deal, to the point where my OAT achiever scores were pretty discouraging!

Members don't see this ad :)
First time I took the exam using books as study material I got an average score. Chads increased my score by 50 points. Worth every penny.

I used only Chad's videos and OAT Destroyer for both GC and OC. I ended up with a 400TS /400GC/ 400OC. I didn't even know what an alkane was a month and a half before taking the OAT (nontrad).

Chad is awesome. CHAD. IS. AWESOME.

Last edited:
Everyone keeps referring to Chad's video. Are you all referring to the the subscription on coursesaver.com or chadsvideos.com?

Everyone keeps referring to Chad's video. Are you all referring to the the subscription on coursesaver.com or chadsvideos.com?

I used chadsvideos.com personally. I think the info is the same just a different series of videos by Chad.

chadsvideos.com is new. It wasn't there last year when I studied using it so I paid the subscription off coursesaver.com .
I guess there was some type of altercation with chad and coursesaver.com that he decided to make his own website and put his videos out for free . But he had to make new videos. Also his OCHEM for the OAT section is not on his new website and he explains why on there too (because of problems with coursesaver.com) . But I'm sure the videos and quizzes are still just as great!