for people who took the dat (TFE)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jd399

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
where you able to do the count the line trick on some or many of the questions u got thank u for ur help

Members don't see this ad.

I always start with line counting to quickly eliminate some of the answers. In CDP, I could often get the correct answer by doing this alone. On the real DAT (and also on Topscore and Kaplan), it would eliminate some choices, but it wasn't enough to solve the problem. I had to figure out how many elevation changes there are on the side in question. I would also try to visualize what the overall structure looks like.

I always start with line counting to quickly eliminate some of the answers. In CDP, I could often get the correct answer by doing this alone. On the real DAT (and also on Topscore and Kaplan), it would eliminate some choices, but it wasn't enough to solve the problem. I had to figure out how many elevation changes there are on the side in question. I would also try to visualize what the overall structure looks like.
Do you mind explaining how to do the line counting, I have the test on Sunday, and the highest I ever went on this section was 19. I would greatly appreciate your help.

once you've narrowed it down to two choices, look for the differences in them and look at the two views given to compare what you should be able to see and what you shouldnt be.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I too was wondering the validity of counting lines on the TFE section of PAT. It seems like the majority of times, you can get the answer on Crack DAT PAT by counting lines alone, which is surprising to me considering how many people say Crack DAT PAT is more difficult than the real PAT, so you'd think their TFE would have most of the options having the same number of events.

Any opinions about if counting lines works? I've heard mixed reviews, and I'm sure I'll continue to hear them, but I was hoping to hear feedback from more recent test takers.

Counting lines is the only way I'm going to get through TFE, so if the options isn't viable, well then I'm out of luck.

Thanks!

Counting lines works, that's what I used to do.. But it only works to a point. If you narrow it down to 2 choices, and both have the right amount of lines, you're going to have to know how decide between the two. It's funny that I always get them all right in CDP but then when I do Topscore I miss 2-3. What's that about?