for pre req's...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

capturingmoods

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciding where I should take those... UC Davis or UCLA. I know that GPA is a big factor for admissions to an optometry school and I'm not sure if I can keep up at UCLA so I'm thinking about UCD. I heard that it doesn't really matter where I go as an undergraduate, as long as I get my pre req's done? Also if there are any of you who are currently attending those schools or attended those in the past for pre-optometry I'd appreciate your views on the classes :). (By the way, I'm under a Biology major)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having trouble deciding where I should take those... UC Davis or UCLA. I know that GPA is a big factor for admissions to an optometry school and I'm not sure if I can keep up at UCLA so I'm thinking about UCD. I heard that it doesn't really matter where I go as an undergraduate, as long as I get my pre req's done? Also if there are any of you who are currently attending those schools or attended those in the past for pre-optometry I'd appreciate your views on the classes :). (By the way, I'm under a Biology major)

It dosent really matter where you go. Personally id go to UCLA, you can get in optometry school with like a gpa 3.2 and thats not hard at all. Just do your homework and study every now and then lol, not to hard. Of course the more competive schools you'll need like 3.6-3.7, which obviously requires a bit more work.

I know it's too early to tell, but I really want to get into UC Berkeley's School of Optometry (it's the closest to my home and so is Davis). Would it look better if I had a higher GPA at Davis or a lower one but at UCLA? Did you go to UCLA? I also know that OAT score is a big deal too but I want to make sure I can get a good GPA at least? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it's too early to tell, but I really want to get into UC Berkeley's School of Optometry (it's the closest to my home and so is Davis). Would it look better if I had a higher GPA at Davis or a lower one but at UCLA? Did you go to UCLA? I also know that OAT score is a big deal too but I want to make sure I can get a good GPA at least? :scared:

As long as you have a high GPA (above 3.5) and really good OAT scores (above 360) you'll get in anywhere..!! doesn't matter what undergrad you go to!

By the way, you can do well at UCLA or at the other school just as long as you study and work hard...at the end it depends on you...do you dedicate your time to your studies....do you study hard and get help when you need it....if you can do all that...then im sure you'll succeed even at UCLA!

I would take the classes at where ever is going to be cheaper, and if they are the same I would take it where you are going to get a better grade.