For the love of CAFFEINE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P.S. has anyone tried the coffee that monkey-lookin thing craps out

That there be a bucket list item; $50 a cup i hear
Kopi Luwak! There was a postdoc in my old lab who picked up a half pound in some sketchy back alley deal. He let me have a cup after I promised to maintain his cultures over a weekend

Members don't see this ad.

P.S. has anyone tried the coffee that monkey-lookin thing craps out

That there be a bucket list item; $50 a cup i hear

I have a book that talks that stuff up, and was damn near ready to give up my left nut and cyst for some. I did some more research and have found that it's super overrated. It's conflicting, but the more I do research, I think it's an over perpetuated story/novelty item

Members don't see this ad :)
I've found that I can't chug coffee to save my life. Now I just take caffeine pills, It's like 3$ for 90.

I take 100mg when I'm tired but not so tired and 200mg when I'm really tired.

I do enjoy the taste of coffee and am considering buying a kcup brewing machine.

I've found that I can't chug coffee to save my life. Now I just take caffeine pills, It's like 3$ for 90.

I take 100mg when I'm tired but not so tired and 200mg when I'm really tired.

I do enjoy the taste of coffee and am considering buying a kcup brewing machine.

Oh Lordy, don't chug coffee. Enjoy coffee.

Tried caffeine pills freshman year of college but they were boring.

Oh Lordy, don't chug coffee. Enjoy coffee.

Tried caffeine pills freshman year of college but they were boring.

I do enjoy the occasional luke warm chug, scolding temp keeps me in check tho

I do enjoy the occasional luke warm chug, scolding temp keeps me in check tho

The occasional chug is inevitable (and advisable in certain cases: chug coffee > discard coffee). But it should not be the primary method of consumption, as the OP has suggested.

Story Time: I once made a cup with the intention of chugging it right before rushing to an exam.. My high-pitched wail still brings me shame to this day.

Serious? I think soda is actually worse for your teeth than coffee. I used to drink a lot more soda too, but after now I hardly ever do. The only reason I'd drink less coffee is to not stain my teeth as much, and lower the acidic environment in my mouth. I've been drinking just a little bit of cold brew coffee the last couple of days and it's really great! I drink it iced, and with a straw, so it's not in contact with my teeth for as long. Also, cold brew is 66% less acidic than normal coffee!

solution to this…just get whitening trays:) Haha I drink so much coffee, and eventually it will darken my teeth, but pop in your trays once you notice some discoloration and voila! Pearly white again. Have to use them every couple months.

solution to this…just get whitening trays:) Haha I drink so much coffee, and eventually it will darken my teeth, but pop in your trays once you notice some discoloration and voila! Pearly white again. Have to use them every couple months.

As hopefully we will all become physicians of some sort, why not just opt for a nice set of da vincis post residency/fellowship?

Reactions: 1 user