For those of us waiting for Oct. 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gmbz

"Flight 22 is off to Honolulu"
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of us who were fortunate to received and complete an II early. How is everyone handling the anticipation of Oct. 15th?

I am staying busy at work thankfully however I find myself really wanting to fast forward to next Thursday. The school I interviewed at stated we should expect an email on Oct. 15th if we were accepted (which I am intending to get!). Anyone else in this boat!?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Those of us who were fortunate to received and complete an II early. How is everyone handling the anticipation of Oct. 15th?

I am staying busy at work thankfully however I find myself really wanting to fast forward to next Thursday. The school I interviewed at stated we should expect an email on Oct. 15th if we were accepted (which I hoping for!). Anyone else in this boat!?
Same boat ! Unfortunately, work is at a lull for me right now and is doing nothing to distract me.
I figured I had two schools informing on the 15th, but it turns out just one. Six weeks from now on another, and two monthish on my ultimate dream school.
I wish I didn't have to work and just had a video game marathon on stuff I haven't been able to play in years with baseball in the background -sigh-

I'm working full-time, fostering a puppy and training for a marathon, so I've been pretty busy worrying about other stuff lol.
I suppose it's easier for me though because 2/3 schools I interviewed early at told me I wouldn't hear back until the last week of October, and I'm expecting to be waitlisted at the third school :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dying a slow death because I have too much time on my hands to think. Yippy. :rolleyes:

This is the premed equivalent of first world problems. . .

But I am waiting as well. I really haven't been productive this past week, lol.

Reactions: 10 users
One school was kind enough to tell us that they send admissions decisions at midnight on Oct 15th!

Reactions: 1 users
I tell myself that I will not come visit SDN, but I am back again. I am staying busy with all my normal ECs and school. I plan to drink a bit more than normal this weekend to lower my anxiety. Nice to have an excuse for Thirsty Thursday.

Reactions: 4 users
Um, I don't have a terrible amount of anxiety. I'm just hoping I can breathe a deep sigh of relief in one week, and I have a lot of fun activities planned for that weekend, which will be good no matter the outcome!

This is the premed equivalent of first world problems. . .

But I am waiting as well. I really haven't been productive this past week, lol.

I agree, I feel extremely fortunate for having received and II at all. Let alone early in the season.

I've just been repeatedly getting really drunk

I feel like a zombie walking through the days to get to the 15th. And even then, I may not even hear back from schools until a week or two after that date!

Whats the significance of October 15th again? Is that the earliest schools can send out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats the significance of October 15th again? Is that the earliest schools can send out acceptances?
Yes.

I'm just waiting for everyone expecting acceptances that day to not get anything, stroke out, and become vegetative.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes.

I'm just waiting for everyone expecting acceptances that day to not get anything, stroke out, and become vegetative.

Won't be me. Im the epitome of health.

But actually this is way early in the cycle. If you don't get good news on the 15th that hardly means you won't have a happy outcome this cycle. Focus on that.

Reactions: 6 users
See, on the one hand, I want October 15th to just GET HERE ALREADY, but on the other hand, I have 2 midterms and approximately 200 pages of MCB reading to do before then, so I need more time.

This was a waste of characters.

Spoken like a true 1%'er! For some of us, this is the only chance we have.
Yes clearly if you do not get good news on the FIRST POSSIBLE DAY you're screwed

I'm assuming we are all familiar with the great efficiency of American schools of higher education, I trust them completely to post all results at exactly 12:01 am on the 15th. They've never been behind schedule before.

Last edited:
I'm working full-time, fostering a puppy and training for a marathon, so I've been pretty busy worrying about other stuff lol.
I suppose it's easier for me though because 2/3 schools I interviewed early at told me I wouldn't hear back until the last week of October, and I'm expecting to be waitlisted at the third school :rofl:
+1 two of my schools don't release acceptances until late oct/early nov, and expecting OOS waitlist at WVU

I'm expecting bad news on the 15th anyway.
1 school has instate preference, and 1 school basically waitlists everyone post interview.

I just want to curl up into a ball and watch my soaps, kay?

I think the unknown bothers me more than anything else. I'm just hoping I hear back "yes or no" soon and not "wait list!", because then it's just another waiting game until April 15th.

I think the unknown bothers me more than anything else. I'm just hoping I hear back "yes or no" soon and not "wait list!", because then it's just another waiting game until April 15th.
I'll take a waitlist over a rejection any day of the week bruh.

Reactions: 2 users
I'll take a waitlist over a rejection any day of the week bruh.

Rejection doesn't scare me. Not being able to seriously work on a plan for the future because I'm on the wait list limbo does.

Reactions: 7 users
Sounds crazy but I'm bracing myself for bad news by picturing everyone else getting acceptance phone calls Oct 15- late october while I'm here silent or receiving either the waitlist email or portal change. Then I'm imagining how I'll feel and how I'm going to gather myself to go forward. Making a plan..as much as I can anyway.

Hopefully this practicing will pay off and I won't stroke out :) One of my dream schools basically gives you an answer late Oct, and if you're waitlisted, they won't contact you until April to ask if you would still like to remain on the waitlist...that part will be hell.

I'm glad this thread exists. I'm going to use it as my countdown-to-October-15 thread! We're all going to make it, brahs.

Will hear back from one school Oct 15 or Oct 16 - they call everyone who has been accepted so I'll definitely be nervous for that. Got a few things at work to keep me busy but I know starting next week it's going to be all I think about....

Will hear back from one school Oct 15 or Oct 16 - they call everyone who has been accepted so I'll definitely be nervous for that. Got a few things at work to keep me busy but I know starting next week it's going to be all I think about....

Morsani?

I have two schools that have suggested we can expect to hear from them some time in October, the rest of mine are either non-rolling or they make very few decisions early in the cycle. It's impossible to tell what day they'll actually let us know though, so I'm not really looking at the 15th too eagerly. I'll just be like oh it's the 15th...maybe someone will tell me something soon...
Following this thread though because I'm excited to see how y'all do! Definitely post updates about acceptances when you find out! :highfive:

We are all in this together! Come on acceptances !!!!

Coming from a 3 II, 3 WL cycle in 2014 year due to my super late app (I think...), I am extremely fortunate to have received two II early this cycle, one of which sends out A/R/W at 12:00PM on Oct. 15th. Hoping for good news so that I can relax and at least know that I will be attending med school next year. Making it through med school...I'll have to wait on that though :p

I won't hear from my first school until November, but it's always in the back of my mind. I'm more excited than nervous.

My state school send mail, though the last two years they have also sent emails by mistake about housing, etc. I will be on another interview that day, so even in the best case scenario I will know the 17th.

I scheduled myself an interview leading up to it so I'll be nice and distracted. I'm also not expecting a call that day even though the school said they *usually* get through most of the list that day...they also warned us that it was a Thursday, so not to panic if we had to wait over the weekend or something.

AAHH picturing that day is scaring the beejezus out of me. I'm imagining myself painfully staring at my phone all day and receiving nothing but silence. Then..at 11pm at night I'll resign myself to thinking I'm wait-listed everywhere so far. I can already feel that weird pit feeling in my stomach and my numbness/disappointment.

AND now I'm totally dreading 10/15

I'm actually not that nervous for October 15th...but that might just be because my anxiety over October 15th is drowned out by my anxiety over the fact that I'm interviewing at my top choice tomorrow. I'm sure after tomorrow, I will be a wreck. I just wonder how long it will take the school I'm interviewing at tomorrow to get back to me.

Working = too busy to think about things that are out of your hands.

Um, no. I'm pretty sure the point of this thread is directed towards those who applied to schools that have explicitly stated that they will announce decisions exactly on the 15th.
When I applied to colleges the "explicitly stated" decision announce time happened maybe once out of 15 applications.

Well I didn't even know about it until now thanks a lot.

Are you guys going to go through with your other interviews if you get in? The one I'm waiting for is my top choice among my favorite 4 choices. Yet the 4 interviews I have this month are my safety's. Is that a bad or good thing to do?

I don't hear back from any of my schools till November and the other 3 are non rolling

Best of luck to you all!

Are you guys going to go through with your other interviews if you get in? The one I'm waiting for is my top choice among my favorite 4 choices. Yet the 4 interviews I have this month are my safety's. Is that a bad or good thing to do?
If you get into your top choice and you would attend that school over others I don't see why waste the money on the rest

If I get into my top choice by the end of October, I will probably withdraw all of my applications except for my state school and maybe one other school.

2/3 of the schools I interviewed at in Sept will be letting me know next week. One of which is my top OOS school (or at least, top 2 because the only other one hasn't given me an II yet..). If I get into that one then I'll probably follow through with my remaining interviews (because I already paid for the flight, and arranged plans with some friends I hadn't seen in a LONG time) and then withdraw most of the OOS apps. Will still be sending love letters to my in-state schools though!

I'll probably cancel the one II I have a few days after Oct. 15 because the itinerary is brutal and it also sort of conflicts with my job (I tutor and a lot of my test prep students need to meet before the ACT that week). But obviously if I am waitlisted or rejected I will have to go. I'll basically go to interviews if they are in-state and/or schools that I'm equally interested in.

I have an interview Oct 16, so reaaaaallllly hoping I get good news on the 15th :confused:

Yeah it does sound like a waste of time and resources lol well we shall see. Good luck to yall!

Yeah, it will help save money to withdraw your app. But it will also more than likely allow the school to invite someone else for that interview. If you truly aren't interested in attending the school, I wouldn't take that opportunity away from someone else who might be interested. It's a win-win!