for those of you who have interviewed: did they say when you will be notified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UChopefully

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to go on a few interviews and was curious to know if schools are saying when they will notify you of a decision. I've heard that some schools are saying 3-4 weeks after your interview which is suprisingly soon. What are the schools telling you guys? If anyone has interviewed at Case Wesern I am especially interested as to what they are telling people as I am heading out there soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that the earliest they can notify you of the decision is Oct. 15. I think that's true for most schools with rolling admissions.

Vanderbilt says 6-8 weeks. The first acceptances will be mailed out the week of October 16.

University of South Florida said that a decision will be made two weeks after the interview...

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard 4-6 weeks after october 15th...
except for aecom which said not till JANUARY - - :thumbdown:

Yeah AMCAS doesn't let normal non-early admissions to tell applicants until after October 15th, but mostly I've hear 6-8 weeks after the interview.

Just because a school tells you it will be a certain time period does not mean they will let you know by that time period. Last year there were a whole ton of people that were freaking out because the school was a month or so late in notifying them. I wouldn't put too much stock in what they tell you. That is there goal but not necessarily the way it will happen.

I just interviewed and they told me to hear a decision in about a month. Although I had friends last year who it took them 2-3 montsh to get a decision. It might be very school specific.

I just interviewed and they told me to hear a decision in about a month. Although I had friends last year who it took them 2-3 montsh to get a decision. It might be very school specific.

What school was this?