For those of you who just had the Tri-I interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mac921

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Did you decide to spread the interview over two days or do all of them on Friday?

Did you feel that doing the interviews all on Friday was significantly more stressful?

Thanks.
Mac921

Members don't see this ad.

mac921 said:

Did you decide to spread the interview over two days or do all of them on Friday?

Did you feel that doing the interviews all on Friday was significantly more stressful?

Thanks.
Mac921

No and No. I decided to do them all on Friday because that would let me get into the city a little later in the day, making travel just that much easier and less stressful. The majority of the people there had it all on Friday, moving one to thursday gives you ONE extra 30 minute block at some point in your day... which doesn't really make all that much difference... at least that was my opinion ;)

I took the option to do one on Thursday and the rest on Friday. The only downside to doing this for me was that I stayed in a hostel on Thursday night where I couldn't iron my clothes and didn't have my own private bathroom. Check in at the hotel wasn't until 1:00 and my interview was at 1:30! So I was a little stressed about having time to get ready and change before the interview. It worked out in the end, but I would have rather had the whole day to sightsee and relax. I agree with Chyln, that doing the interview on Thursday really only gives you 30 minutes of extra freetime which doesn't make much of a difference. I would say do it all on Friday unless you live nearby.

I loved the 2 day interview. I got into the city, checked in at 12:45pm, lounged in my room till 1:30, and interviewed at 2pm. I'm so used to rushing from interview to interview I didn't know what to do with myself after the interview. I walked around the city, got some food, and had a great time. It was nice to do some sight-seeing since you don't get much independent time on friday especially if you do the one-day. Also, on friday, i had the entire afternoon free of interviews. After lunch was only a tour and lecture. it was great. i recommend the 2 day. good luck