For those who did Postbacc or a Masters program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMDDDSHopeful

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that did a postbacc or a Masters program, had it helped you to get into dental or get a lot of interviews?

I see that people on the forum continuously recommend such programs for those with less than stellar GPAs. I've had some admission reps say they don't even look at your grad school. I also see lots of discussion on upward trends and how that helps. Does it really? Have any of these cases actually worked out?

Curious to know if I'm an outlier or unlucky.

Members don't see this ad.

postbac is not grad school, post bac is still undergrad. so yea postbac definitely helps if you do well. some admission reps confuse anything after you finish ur BS is grad but post bach is not, your grade there is combined with your undergrad and averaged.

for grade inflation masters programs, not so much!.

I guess I'd be considered one of the cases that worked out. I started with a BCP of 3.01 of undergrad and pulled it up to 3.24 getting a 3.91 in my post-bacc. Got multiple interviews and acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'd be considered one of the cases that worked out. I started with a BCP of 3.01 of undergrad and pulled it up to 3.24 getting a 3.91 in my post-bacc. Got multiple interviews and acceptances.

Hi, did you do a informal or formal post bac?
How many units did you completed in your post-bac to pull up 3.24 from 3.01?
What do you think about WesternU SMP? I went to the preview day there, but I notice that there were more students after DO than dentistry and I'm unsure how beneficial it is for pre-dental student like myself.

Thank you!

Hi, did you do a informal or formal post bac?
How many units did you completed in your post-bac to pull up 3.24 from 3.01?
What do you think about WesternU SMP? I went to the preview day there, but I notice that there were more students after DO than dentistry and I'm unsure how beneficial it is for pre-dental student like myself.

Thank you!

I think I answered you back in this thread.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-low-undergraduate-gpa.1206499/#post-17940246

As for WesternU SMP, I know many of the dental students said that 100% of the students who aimed for WesternU CDM from the SMP got in as of 2015. I'm not sure about this past cycle. The only con is it's really expensive.

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks for your response. How many credits did you have in undergrad versus postbacc?