For those who failed the NAPLEX, do they provide you a breakdown of what to focus on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted329060

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took the Naplex about a week ago. This test is really testing basic competency, so try to relax and use your pharmacy knowledge. After taking the test, I really felt I could have passed by using the knowledge from pharmacy school, only brushing up on calculations. I studied for a week skimming through RXPrep and didn't even make it to the last few chapters of the book. Make sure you know the calculations. Calculations IMO were similar to rxprep calculations. For the HIV/oncology questions, I thought they were basic. I had a question about what ritonivir boosted and how it worked to boost a PI. The chronic disease states I thought were more important. I didn't really think the test had questions where we had to diagnose the conditions. It was more of side effects/contraindications/MoA. I had a couple of questions where they gave you a patient profile and the question asked what med was inappropriate. 2 of the questions, the answer was metformin due to SCr being 2. There were some brand/generic questions, but this was for medications regarding the chronic disease states. Know the brand/generic combination medications.

Once again, try to relax. It really wasn't that bad. No matter what you do, you'll never be fully prepared. Just use the knowledge from 4 years of pharmacy school and you'll be fine. Calculations!

This is from the bulletin....

Official score reports for candidates who receive a failing score on the NAPLEX will include a diagnostic section which indicates their relative performance in each major competency area. Because of the secure nature of the NAPLEX, no review of the test questions is allowed. Scores are submitted to the boards of pharmacy on a daily basis. Candidates will receive scores or an official score report for the NAPLEX directly from their boards of pharmacy.