For those who got accepted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kkae

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you who already got accepted to DS, how will you go about preparing for DS in the fall? (Will you try to get a heads up on some of the D1 material? Will you just relax until that time?...)

...and congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

In no way am I going to do anything to prepare for the curriculum before school starts in the fall. Come July 1st (when louisville begins), I will probably be thinking about dental school 500 times a day for almost 1500 days... No need to stress myself about it now!

However, I do have a lot still to prepare... Pack our stuff, get preapproved for a mortgage, buy a house, find my wife a job, etc etc etc! Ahh the chaos feels good.

I'll probably quit my current job at the beginning of the summer, pay down my current undergrad loans as much as possible and then defer them, and hopefully do a little bit of traveling. All in all, try to get everything in order for the beginning of the semester (find an apartment, finish needed paperwork, etc.), but make sure I fit in time to veg out...

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely WORK WORK WORK. Ill have enough time to study in dental school, and that in it self will probably drive me to insanity. so ima spend time earning money and relaxing. just member every $1 u save b4 DS is $2 you save in payback after ds.

As soon was I was accepted, I bought a Netter's dental anatomy book. I plan on using these next months to make my transition into dental school a little easier. I also am attending some events relating to my school and the dental community to try to make connections.

I am in the unique position of being out of school, so I understand why it could be daunting to begin studying now if you are still in undergrad and focusing on your current studies. I don't take home work, so that leaves my evenings free to get a head start.