For those who rocked Step 2 CK, what did you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alisepeep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to study for step 2? What material should i use and is 6 weeks enough?

Members don't see this ad.

uworld once during ms3, and repeated during 4 week dedicated study period

This exactly. If you studied for all of your shelf exams I don't think most people need to read any more actual books (some resources here). A quick book for some highlights would be Crush Step 2/Step 2 Secrets. UW is more important than anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
UWorld is most important and pick a book source to read. Last year, most everyone I know used either First Aid or Master the Boards.

What is the best way to study for step 2? What material should i use and is 6 weeks enough?

Do well on you clinical rotations. Have medicine be close to last.

6 weeks is plenty. I used 2 weeks and most of the time I spent screwing around on the computer.

Get a book and a Q bank. I thought UW was good for the Q bank

how is mastering the boards for step 2 review?
If you mean "Master the Boards" for Step 2, I thought it was a really good resource. It is nicely organized with color diagrams. It is better at indicating the best initial test versus the most accurate test (and other nuances), which I felt were less explicit in the First Aid book.

Does anyone have thoughts on using step up to medicine vs step up to step two? Or first aid for step 2

Last edited:
Does anyone have thoughts on using step up to medicine vs step up to step two? Or first aid for step 2

I used First Aid for Step 2, Master the Boards, and UWorld. I personally didn't like Step Up to Medicine when I used it for clinicals, and I briefly used Step Up to Step 2, but didn't like that either. Could just be preference, not sure. But as far as what I did use, MTB is better for clarifying Best Treatment vs. First Treatment and those types of matters, but is very weak in certain areas (Peds). If I only chose one, I would stick with First Aid, but MTB is pretty good.