For Those Who Took the MCAT This Year and Used TPR OR EK...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skysthelimit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FOR THOSE WHO TOOK TPR And/OR EK TO PREPARE:

1. Which One, If Any, Better Prepared You ?

2. What's The Best Study Methods (for Each Section) To Use For TPR And/or EK?

Feel free to post any other suggestions !

Thanx !

Members don't see this ad.

1. Which One, If Any, Better Prepared You ?
TPR was really good for making you understand the material conceptually, but was probably more in depth than testable on many subjects. EK was best for their 1001 problem series and especially their verbal tests. 2 of my teachers for TPR were PhDs in their subject, the other got a 40 on his mcat.

2. What's The Best Study Methods (for Each Section) To Use For TPR And/or EK?

Verbal: DO NOT make assumptions, they are the mother of all fu**ups. Practice until you feel illiterate.
All Others: Practice passages until your eyes bleed.

i did tpr and i thought it was really really good. after the class ended, i had about three weeks before the big day. i bought the ek 1001 series for the sciences except orgo and drilled with those. they are a bit tougher than tpr but there were alot of things i picked up in the ek series that tpr didnt have and that came up on my mcat. so i suggest you take tpr get through all their material. if time permits drill with ek 1001.

mcat is tough. keep your head up. when youre done it will feel so good. ill find out on june 27th how mine went. but best of luck to you!

Man PhDs?? Some of my teachers haven't even gotten into med school yet and are barely older than I am... should I quit and get a refund? Some of them are good but others just read directly off notes which I find incredibly annoying.