Foreign Language: Latin vs. Greek

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My minor was classical civilization, and I dealt with the Latin/Greek choice as well (decided on Greek). It created a little anxiety, during the throes of science majoring. But the rewards were substantial, and I expect not all [rewards] immediately evident. Quite a few physicians with whom I've conversed on the subject of primary and community care have suggested the humanities as an excellent venue for increasing one's knowledge on the human condition. Understandably research, analytical, and eventually diagnostic skills could benefit from language study as much as from many other intellectual pursuits.
If anything, classics will certainly make you seem urbane to those who have come from a more old-school educational tradition; those individuals could very well be staffed on your ADCOM. My current boss is a biologist, but the minor did stick out on my CV, and she made an extremely positive mention of it. It is plainly evident to interviewers as to whether your choice of studies was out of intellectual passion or merely gunner instinct. Good luck!

:idea:

Members don't see this ad.