Foreign Trained Dentist and OMFS residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calcifiedcanal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am wondering if there are any OMFS residency programs in U.S. that accepts foreing graduate dentist.

I looked up in PASS website and individual school websites, and all of them had one of the prereq " Need to do DDS/DMD from US/Canadian Dental school"

Do you know of any Foreign Grad Dentist that is in OMFS residency and who did not do International dentist program in U.S. ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I am wondering if there are any OMFS residency programs in U.S. that accepts foreing graduate dentist.

I looked up in PASS website and individual school websites, and all of them had one of the prereq " Need to do DDS/DMD from US/Canadian Dental school"

Do you know of any Foreign Grad Dentist that is in OMFS residency and who did not do International dentist program in U.S. ?

I believe Georgia is the one that allows FTDs to apply. Also heard about Boston..

if you go to Match site, and check for 2010 Match results you will find ths

MATCH RESULT BY TYPE OF APPLICANT (OMFS)

US Dental School 197
Non-US Dental School 9

so yes, some schools do accept FTD for OMFS but you have to search them carefully since there are not much

Members don't see this ad :)
hey folks...so any updates to share??

also i wonder where ninety gets the statistics....:confused:

also calcifiedcanal have ya finished an OMFS program here in India?

do share if ya find out stuff...

Hi Denevistas,

I have not finished OMFS in India. I finished General Dentistry in India.

I'm studying dentistry in a country outside the US and I hope to get into an OMFS program in the US. Its very encouraging to know there are programs that accept foreign trained dentists.:thumbup: I do believe I can get in. "Where there is a will, there is a way".:rolleyes:

What about Canadian citizens with two years dds and nbme score? Any chances of matching?

Please I need information!! Am a Dentist with BDS... I plan to do the DMD Program when I get to US! After the DMD can I get an OMFS residency preferably the 4 years residency??