Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Foreign Veterinary Graduates

Discussion in 'Veterinary' started by rocibell, 04.28.06.

1. rocibell

rocibell New Member

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi, I'm a Veterinarian from Peru. I'm enrolled en the ECFVG program of the AVMA to get my licence. I would like to contact another foreign vets enrolled in the same program to interchange experiences and information or any other vet who can give some information about groups of study or material available before I take the boards.
    Hope to hear from you soon !
  2. MicheleVet

MicheleVet DVM c/o 2005

SDN 5+ Year Member
    I'm pretty sure (99%) that UF has an online study/class/lecture series geared towards foreign grads sitting for the NAVLE. Not sure how to get it though...maybe contact someone important (ie. not me) at UF. :)
  3. nirmal

nirmal New Member

Attending Physician
    Hai
    I am new immigrant to USA and a graduate in Veterinary Medicine.Hope by now you would have got some lead to resources for NAVLE exam. Can U give me the addresses.
  4. upch

upch New Member

Dental Student
    rocibell Hi, I'm a Veterinarian from Peru. I'm enrolled en the ECFVG program of the AVMA to get my licence. I would like to contact another foreign vets enrolled in the same program to interchange experiences and information or any other vet who can give some information about groups of study or material available before I take the boards.
    Hope to hear from you soon !

HI Rocibell, I am from Peru and I want information about the licensure in the states. There is a four-step procedure before obtain the license as I know, but I dont know how obtain the papers and all that things so maybe we could help us in this hard way.
    Lets keep in touch. Bye
  5. KoreanVet

KoreanVet New Member

Attending Physician
    Hi, I've already finished NAVLE and english proficiency test and been waiting for me to be prepared for the CPE exam.
    I'm wondering if there are any source for the test. I've heard that there are some books and videos for it. Please let me know.
  6. shani

shani shani

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hi !

Can you tell me how you finish Navle?

I want to know your way of study & study material.

Shani
  7. francesca91

francesca91 francesca

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi,
    wow so to pass the NAVLE is possible! congratulation!
    How did you do? could you give some hints?
    I don't know if this is good material to study for the CPE, but they sell some notes on this website:
    http://www.vcrc.net/cpe.htm
    good luck!
  8. stephvet

stephvet New Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hi,

I passed the NAVLE exam in December and I am now facing the CPE exam.
    I can't find very specific explanations of what is expectetd of us and I would like to know if somebody could get her hands on the CPE manual.
    Let me know, thanks,
  9. matsya

matsya New Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Hi,

I am Menaka, Iam preparing for NAVLE for dec 2006, let me congratulate u on ur success in NAVLE!
    Could you please suggest me on how to prepare for NAVLE and the material that I need to follow to get through, thank you very much.
    Iam sorry I am not of help to u with regard to the CPE.

Thank u

10. ks_kingra

ks_kingra New Member

Veterinarian
    hi im current final year student from punjab, india. u can read merk vet manual .
  11. Dorat

Dorat New Member

Non-Student
    After applying for cpe, you will get the manual of the administration from ecfvg.
    That is all I know. I am going to take this test in December and also would like to find some more informations about it.
  12. Dorat

Dorat New Member

Non-Student
    You can get it (manual) from ecfvg once you apply for cpe.
  13. diren

diren New Member

hi!
    its great you to know that you've passed navle, i wounnder how you did it i'm also foreign graduate i would be very greatful if you could kindly give me tips, show me how to prepare for the test.I'm really in need of help.wish yoy luck for your next step.
    diren
  14. rocibell

rocibell New Member

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    HI!
    I haven't been checking this forum for a long time because I wasn't getting answers at the beginning. Today I openned and I found many messages. What tells me, that there are many foreign veterinarians out there trying to get the licence but with not much help available.
    I got my degree in Peru in 2000. I worked for a while there and then moved to US. I took ESL classes for about 2 years and after that I started working as a technician. I'm enrolled in the ECFVG program but I'm still in step 2 (I haven't been able to get 26 in the speaking section of the toefl yet :( but I am really close)
    At the same time studying for the boards. I have compiled all the information about all we need to do about requirements and forms in every step and for taking the NAVLE. Most of the information is available in the AVMA web page and NAVLE page. I also have some information about the books we need.
    Are you still in Peru? Did you pass the TOEFL? or Are you giving the boards soon? I really would like to start a group of study with all the people that is planning to take the boards.
    Let me know, and tell me your name
    I hope to hear from you soon UPCH
    Rocio
  15. rocibell

rocibell New Member

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Can you tell me your sources of study ? I'm currently preparing for the NAVLE , If you have some books I"m interested in buying
    Thanks!
  16. diren

diren New Member

hi rocibell!
    It's nice to know that there is some one out there like me who is a foreign vet. graduate, i understand that you've been here for quite a long time, i came here few months back and know all the steps about getting licence but my problem is how to prepare for NAVLE test, are there any ageny who gives coaching or some kind of courses like that ,i felt relieved when i came across many people like me in the forum, may be we can share more of our experiences in the near future. :goodluck:

diren,
  17. refuverki

refuverki New Member

Hi there
    Is there a link where I can learn more about NAVLE??
    Thanks
  18. LivSan

LivSan New Member

Non-Student
    I passed the NAVLE last year and I found the Mosby study guides very helpful. I am looking for study guides for the CPE. Anyone know of any good ones? How are the ones given by the ECFVG?
  19. DVM2000

DVM2000

Veterinary Student
    Dear Vets,

Nice to see you all here. I am also preparing for NAVLE and looking for more material to get through this step, I have some material like 'A to Z' and the video files from University of Florida which are very helpful; I can share those with you.
    Please let me know if you have more information on the material to be shared among us.

Thanks a lot
  20. Orthonut

Orthonut Garryowen

Veterinary Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    VIN is also a good resource (there are members from many different countries) they have tons of CE courses. http://www.vin.com
  21. Indianvet75

Indianvet75

SDN 5+ Year Member
    hi everybody
  22. Karim2006

Karim2006

Veterinary Student
    Hi, I graduated from veterinary school in Kiev Ukraine, then I worked in Morocco as a veterinarian. I came to the States, I'm also enrolled in the ECVFG program, but I haven't passed step 2. I didn't get the speaking passing score of 26. I would like some advice from people who already passed the english proficiency exam. I'm also preparing at the same time for the NAVLE exam and would like advice for this as well. I would also like to meet other people in the same situation.
  23. Hallo,

I am khalid from Canada, Doing some navle tests as well. I think it is better to have some discussion about the tasks and topics.
  24. Gala

Gala

Veterinarian
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I am veterinarian from Europe and I intend to enroll in ECFVG program.I have a problem to pass English exam.I was searching through the Internet last few days and found this site.I haven't met any foreign vet in US yet and I would be very happy to make a contacts.I am looking for material for NAVLE and wondering about new exam which should start these fall as a requirement .I would like to know how long would take me to prepare for NAVLE.I am looking forward to get a replay from you.Best wishes.Gala.
    Last edited: 09.13.09
  25. Gala

Gala

Veterinarian
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I just have a problem with my computer now.I don't know how to delate this message.I am sorry if I confuze you.
  26. rocibell

rocibell New Member

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hi Gala,
    they haven't released yet the new test. But you can start preparing for the navle, go to www.zukureview.com or www.vetprep.com
    they are very good
    let me know if you need more help
    Rocio
  27. Gala

Gala

Veterinarian
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I am so happy that you answer on my message to fast.I would like to know did you pass English exam and NAVLE test and how they were.Thank you for your suggestion about study material.I hope that I get your message soon. Gala.
  28. rocibell

rocibell New Member

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hi,
    I just passed the toefl (finally) in January and I'm taking the Navle in April. It took me a while to pass the toefl because of the speaking part. I think the key to pass the Toefl is just practice, practice, practice and don't talk in your language too much :) Good luck!
  29. Gala

Gala

Veterinarian
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Congradulations for TOEFL and good luck for NAVLE.Do you know how long I need to prepare for NAVLE and which material is the best.
    Gala
  30. EAlex

EAlex

Pre-Veterinary
    to whom it was hard to do listening or speaking parts in new TOEFL, it may be a good idea to try IELTS academic, i passed my IELTS, and i could't get enough in speaking part of TOEFL, i took it twice, so try IELTS.
  31. francesca91

francesca91 francesca

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I did the IELTS too and passed the first time, and it is cheaper than TOEFL!!
    give it a try!:luck:
  32. EAlex

EAlex

Pre-Veterinary
  33. rafatrafat

rafatrafat RAFAT

Veterinary Student
    Hi,
    I live in NY and I'm trying to pass the board exam. for vet.student , I don't know what the books I have to study before the exam. specially I graduated from Cairo(Egypt ) 1989 and forget most of the study material , so I need your advise for what is the good and not expensive study material I should get it to pass the exam.

thank you for your help
    [​IMG] R. Saleh
  34. rafatrafat

rafatrafat RAFAT

Veterinary Student

Hi, I'm in the same satuation like me, please let me know if you get any answer to your question
  35. rafatrafat

rafatrafat RAFAT

Veterinary Student

Hi,
    I live in NY and I'm trying to pass the board exam. for vet.student , I don't know what the books I have to study before the exam. specially I graduated from Cairo(Egypt ) 1989 and forget most of the study material , so I need your advise for what is the good and not expensive study material I should get it to pass the exam.

thank you for your help
    R. Saleh
  36. rafatrafat

rafatrafat RAFAT

Veterinary Student
    Hi Gala

Please let me know if you get any answer for your question , please share these info. with me
  37. EAlex

EAlex

Pre-Veterinary
    Rafat enjoy

Veterinary board review book : a complete review for the NAVLE and clinics / by written by Joshua Furman. 2006

Swine diseases for boards : a review guide for the NAVLE / Audio Achievements. 2006

Veterinary board review [CD ROM] / Paul Pratt. 2001.

Veterinary correspondence revision course. 1998.
    TC Veterinary Medical Library Quarto SF756.3.V483x.1998

Review Questions and answers for veterinary boards/Pratt, Paul. 1993. 4vols.

Self Assessment Questions and Answers for Small Animal Practitioners/ Pratt, Paul. 1993.

Practice form of the veterinary medical licensing examination of the National Board Examination Committee in cooperation with the Professional Examination Service/ Professional Examination Service. 1993.

Veterinary Pursuits: a review for board exams/ Buckingham, Frank. 1992.

Mosby’s review questions & answers for veterinary boards / edited by Paul W. Pratt. 1998.
    Five separate volumes: Basic Sciences; Ancillary Topics; Small Animal Medicine and Surgery; Clinical Sciences; Large Animal Medicine and Surgery.

Practice form of the clinical competency test (CCT) in veterinary medicine/ Professional Examination Services. 1988.

Information for Candidates on the national board examination for veterinary medical licensing/ Professional Examination Service. 1988.
  38. bgvet2005

bgvet2005

Non-Student
    Hello everyone,
    Does anybody know someone who wants to sell VCRC?I just found out about my failure on Navle in Dec and I am a little upset about it.I don,t know what I do wrong in my preparation strategy but I must correct it .I feel like April is my only chance left and that makes me that much more nervous.So ,guys if someone has any good suggestions and wants to share with me please give me a hand .Is VCRC WORTH the time to go through it or Merck remains the golden tool for the test?

Thanks to all of you who will decide to reply .

bgvet2005
  39. rocibell

rocibell New Member

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member

Here are some links to more review material for the NAVLE

http://www.vetmed.lib.umn.edu/students/navle

good luck!
  40. rocibell

rocibell New Member

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
  41. richyvet

richyvet

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  42. richyvet

richyvet

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Try IELTS it's much easier than toefl
  43. richyvet

richyvet

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi: I have some material for the CPE but I can't post it here, email me richyvet@hotmail.com
    How did you passed the navle? I failed last Dec.
  44. richyvet

richyvet

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm in the same situation, I studyed hard and failed last Dec (navle) try zukureview.com and vetprep.
    If you are interested: richyvet@hotmail.com
  45. ruffo

ruffo ANGELA DUSSAN

hello, I am a DVM from Colombia. I live in NY. I am preparing to take the TOEFL. I do have the vcrc and some other material to study for the NAVLE I will be glad to share it with u guys.
  46. richyvet

richyvet

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi Ruffo: I'm from Colombia too, is you don't pass toefl, try IELTS it's much easier. I wasted 1 year trying to passed the TSE or ibTOEFL and I never got the spoken score. Any Q? : richyvet@hotmail.com
    Goo Luck
  47. BelVet

BelVet

Veterinary Student
  48. BelVet

BelVet

Veterinary Student
    Please! Let me know how do I get in touch with you!
  49. BelVet

BelVet

Veterinary Student
    That was to Ruffo!
  50. BelVet

BelVet

Veterinary Student
    Dear vets from all over the Earth!

Is it possible to prepare for NAVLE and CPE without working at vet clinic?

What kind of a job possition is possible to take since I'm not a certified vet yet?

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal