Foreign Veterinary Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
does any one know the procedure to get a sponsorship, in case there is a vet hospital that would like to sponsor me, and i have not finished the ECFVG yet?
if any one had a situation like that or know about it i'll be more then happy to hear about it.
thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
does any one know the procedure to get a sponsorship, in case there is a vet hospital that would like to sponsor me, and i have not finished the ECFVG yet?
if any one had a situation like that or know about it i'll be more then happy to hear about it.
thank you.

I don't thing there is such thing "sponsorship" in veterinary medicine. there is internship and externship and scholarship,...
this is a website to become an intern, they do accept foreign graduate.. they will be open tomorrow Sep-15th -2008 for resumes..

http://www.virmp.org/virmp/

good luck,.

Hi,
thank you.

Hey Yogavet,
I guess you meant sponsor for visa right?
So, if that is the case, once you find a clinic that will hire you, you have to get an attorney and have him help you and the clinic figure out which visa fits better yours and the clinics situation and then he will also help you with the paper work to get the visa. This is not cheap, you have to figure out between you and the clinic who will pay for the lawyer and the visa's fees...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Yogavet,
I guess you meant sponsor for visa right?
So, if that is the case, once you find a clinic that will hire you, you have to get an attorney and have him help you and the clinic figure out which visa fits better yours and the clinics situation and then he will also help you with the paper work to get the visa. This is not cheap, you have to figure out between you and the clinic who will pay for the lawyer and the visa's fees...

the problem is he can only work as an assistant, I'm not sure any employer would want to put up with all the paper work to get an assistant. it's better to get an internship. the attorney and immigration fees was $ 3300 in 2002 for work visa.

Hi,
thank you.

Hi Yogavet,
you should check out USCIS website and click on immigration forms see which form is fit your situation the most.

I used to deal with immigration issue myself, I filed over 7 forms with them without pay any lawer fee because USCIS have every information on their website even all immigration lawers also use info and download forms from USCIS website.
let me know if you need info

Hi Yogavet,
you should check out USCIS website and click on immigration forms see which form is fit your situation the most.

I used to deal with immigration issue myself, I filed over 7 forms with them without pay any lawer fee because USCIS have every information on their website even all immigration lawers also use info and download forms from USCIS website.
let me know if you need info

Hi Yogavet, Meavet,

I don't advice doing it without a lawyer. I received an internship position for this year and the clinic and I did the whole paperwork alone over the USCIS website - it was a complete desaster - twice they returned the whole thing because something was entered wrong and in the end I did not get a visa because the cap for this year is already filled. :mad:
So get a lawyer as early as possible and invest the money!
Good luck.

Hi Yogavet, Meavet,

I don't advice doing it without a lawyer. I received an internship position for this year and the clinic and I did the whole paperwork alone over the USCIS website - it was a complete desaster - twice they returned the whole thing because something was entered wrong and in the end I did not get a visa because the cap for this year is already filled. :mad:
So get a lawyer as early as possible and invest the money!
Good luck.
thanks for an input Foreignvet :) and sorry for what happen to you
I think each case is different depend what issue you dealing with
So to speak as my experience,I got my Employment Authorization 4 years ago.
I got engaged with A US citizen while I was in my home country and come over here, so we had to filed several forms as you could not imagine. The last form was filed 5 months ago for me to become a US citizen(dual citizen) but my friend who was in the same situation as myself doing everthings with a lawyer spending over $ 10,000 for the whole process.

Last edited:
thanks for an input Foreignvet :) and sorry for what happen to you
I think each case is different depend what issue you dealing with
So to speak as my experience,I got my Employment Authorization 4 years ago.
I got engaged with A US citizen while I was in my home country and come over here, so we had to filed several forms as you could not imagine. The last form was filed 5 months ago for me to become a US citizen(dual citizen) but my friend who was in the same situation as myself doing everthings with a lawyer spending over $ 10,000 for the whole process.

I know exactly what you are taking about . the fiance, green card forms are very simple. I did those also my self. But I think you have never seen the work visa form. it's at least 40 pages, I still have a copy of it, it needs some one who knows what they are doing. You can try but this forms involve the employer more than the employee. and it will be filed usualy by the employer. So you might think that things are going well until you hear, sorry the form is returned because .......,......, and you have to wait another year. .. YOu as employee may never see the form. the employer willask you questions , like name, address, dat and place of birth.. etc very simple stuff. but he will have to fill tones of info about the job, income, tax.... and advertise for the job..
So Again it's such a big hassel and require some one who is willing to put up with it.

Hire attorney one time "first time" and then you can do the rest your self. but first find a JOB.

I know exactly what you are taking about . the fiance, green card forms are very simple. I did those also my self. But I think you have never seen the work visa form. it's at least 40 pages, I still have a copy of it, it needs some one who knows what they are doing. You can try but this forms involve the employer more than the employee. and it will be filed usualy by the employer. So you might think that things are going well until you hear, sorry the form is returned because .......,......, and you have to wait another year. .. YOu as employee may never see the form. the employer willask you questions , like name, address, dat and place of birth.. etc very simple stuff. but he will have to fill tones of info about the job, income, tax.... and advertise for the job..
So Again it's such a big hassel and require some one who is willing to put up with it.

Hire attorney one time "first time" and then you can do the rest your self. but first find a JOB.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with any kind of work Visa

Last edited:
In the US the next exam in Jan 2009 will be the last one that people can take the national Veterinary Technician license exam to be a tech by using their 5 years experience instead of going to school for 2 years. So if you are thinking about it you should do it now or never. It was a very nice thing to all of us to be able to do, and get the tech license just by passing an exam.

I'm not sure if there is exceptions or not. but I beleive NO.

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and just came to usa. I am planning my stay close to which is the best center for CPE?:idea:

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and just came to usa. I am planning my stay close to which is the best center for CPE?:idea:

Are you asking which CPE center is the best??? if that So. then it's really hard to tell because I and others did go to only one of them and don't know how are the others.
they should all be the same. you will be doing the same things and asked the same stuff. the only diffrence would be the way they treat you. it's very stressful exam and having nice friendly people asking questions are good in times like that.
the other problem is, by the time you are ready for the exam, the entire team of people who used to do the exam might be changed and whatever you heard might not be true.

I think you should just pick up one and stick with it. if you are good. you will do fine no mater where you go.

well rules r same for all cpe centres,so it doesnt matter but may be some sections may be tough at one site and easy at other or vice versa....so the only thing is be well prepared no matter what centre:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the Las Vegas site, but talked to some people who went to university test sites - those are definitely better, but have only very limited places and fill up quickly. If you can, don't go to Las Vegas - I did pass, so it is not that, but the people were not very friendly, one was really rude and in general the athmosphere was very tight. At the universities I think people are more relaxed, you get examined by university personel, not practicing vets like in LV and people are more ready to make a jocke and treat you more like a human being and not only number XYZ.
Good luck.

I have a question about TOEFL, it is effective for two years, does that mean after I pass it, I have to pass BSCE, NAVEL and CPE in these two years?
Also, it seems there is another kind of Enghlish test esaier than TOEFL, in what kind of situation I can take that instead of TOEFL to get the board?
Thanks,

I have a question about TOEFL, it is effective for two years, does that mean after I pass it, I have to pass BSCE, NAVEL and CPE in these two years?
Also, it seems there is another kind of Enghlish test esaier than TOEFL, in what kind of situation I can take that instead of TOEFL to get the board?
Thanks,
as far as i know there is no special situation.u can take either toefl or ielts

do u know where i can get new vcrc
series?
thanks

i found it myself

dear dvmjakish,
i'm preparing for ther bcse and i've read all your previous posts regarding the materials, frankly i benefited alot. my problem is that i'm not yet in the states,and i'm afraid not to get the visa.HOPE YOU CAN GIVE SOME ADVICE

is there any one Arabic as foreign vet trying to get Lucine in USA.pleas contact

dear dvmjakish,
i'm preparing for ther bcse and i've read all your previous posts regarding the materials, frankly i benefited alot. my problem is that i'm not yet in the states,and i'm afraid not to get the visa.HOPE YOU CAN GIVE SOME ADVICE

I'm not sure what kind of advice you are asking for. if you are asking about the visa. we have already talked about it in the previous posts. you can find it we talked about student visa and work visa.
Also coming to the U.S is depending mostly on where are you from. some nationalities have harder time to get a visa.
If you have relative in the U.S they can very much help you.

dear dvmjakish
in the posts you mentioned that you have to be in the US in order to apply for the ECFVG program?please explain as i didn't apply yet..
frankly all i was thinking about is to apply and then go to the embassy prove the aim of my traveling and the enrollment papers and that's it(cuz some of me friends did that in the pharmacy exams in the us)
i'm from egypt does this make a difference .
all i ask of you is to have some patience and to explain to me what to do
best regards

dear dvmjakish
in the posts you mentioned that you have to be in the US in order to apply for the ECFVG program?please explain as i didn't apply yet..
frankly all i was thinking about is to apply and then go to the embassy prove the aim of my traveling and the enrollment papers and that's it(cuz some of me friends did that in the pharmacy exams in the us)
i'm from egypt does this make a difference .
all i ask of you is to have some patience and to explain to me what to do
best regards

I think you can apply for the ECFVG from anywhere but if you write your address in the U.S then they will ask you for proof that you have a VISA, GREEN CARD.. basically you have to be in the U.S legally. I really don't know if there is exceptions or the roles have changed since I have signed up.
I don't think signing up for ECFVG make you eligible for visa, but you can give it a try. once you try and fail then you can't apply for a visa for another 6 months. you should try to get a Student visa or apply for internship beside signing up for the ECFVG. the problem is getting an internship. there is not too may openinings .
here is a place where you can try and get an internship. NOT residency.
http://www.virmp.org/virmp/

there is a student exchange program, I don't really know it work. but you can read the website and find out if you can do it this way.
this article was in the AVMA news.
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/oct08/081001r.asp

Good luck.

thanks alot for your concern,about jobs after finishing the whole thing are they available!

thanks alot for your concern,about jobs after finishing the whole thing are they available!

demand on vets is great in the U.S , so you will always find job. best way to do this is doing an internship after you finish. this will grantee you good job with good starting salary.

for Vets who can't make it to the U.S and dreaming of better medicine and better life, there are other options out there. The internet now is the greatest tool for everything. you just have to know how to use it.

this is a website for a German organization. they offer a lot options for new grads in the third world countries in many specialties including Vetrinary medicine.
I recomend that you spend 6 months of your life to learn as much German language as possible and then give it a try. some places will teach in english too. but for your resume and because there is compition a good skill in German language is a PLUS.

you can get masters or PhD degrees, no Fees but you will need money to live, unless you can find job to the side. so school is free.

here is the website. I have to tell you that it's very complicated to find your way in. but keep trying. also visit your German consulate or embassy in your country. they will help you better.

http://www.daad.de/en/index.html

this is in english but in the top right corner of the home page you can change the language to almost all languages for easier use.

scholership window in the same website;
http://www.daad.de/deutschland/foerderung/faq/04700.en.html#headline_0_0

also:
Here is where you can start ;
http://www.daad.de/deutschland/foerderung/stipendiendatenbank/00462.en.html

just select your options. there is no vetrinary option, chose medicine/puplic health.

here is more info about the veterinary program.
http://www.daad.de/en/download/development/Postgraduate_Courses_2008-09.pdf

here is other search option with veterinary medicine
http://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/07535.en.html

like I said . this is diffecult website to navigate it's not user friendly. use your magic search techniques to find what you are looking for.

NO questions about this, THIS IS ALL WHAT I KNOW. try to do it your self. And please go to the German counslate or Embassy if you need more help. it helps.

Good luck. :cool:

i do have a question regarding the bcse materials,the nvms series you talked about don't cover all the branches of the exam eg anesthesia diagnostic imaging epidemiology nutrition.......
where do i get the missing stuff

one thing more check this site out and tell me how do you like it and your comments about it
http://sites.google.com/site/veterinarylicensingexams/Home
i know you must be busy but you are a noble guy..........
about the german site i have already been through it ,to work in germany as a vet you must be in good command of german language and you will have to attend some courses in vet universities there. courses are about different subjects eg public health...............
the aim of them to give you some experience about how things work there and then you will have to sit exams.but you know the biggest problem about it !vet market in germany is nearly stable ie no great demand except for the rural areas........
i knew this from a german vet if you want to know more i can send you some websites

i do have a question regarding the bcse materials,the nvms series you talked about don't cover all the branches of the exam eg anesthesia diagnostic imaging epidemiology nutrition.......
where do i get the missing stuff

I've already answered this question before.
a book called

Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians

this is really all what you nned. plus whatever you can read from the Merck.

there are lots of websites and free stuff about radiology.
this is more than what you need for radiology
http://www.upei.ca/~vetrad/thorax/case1/thoraxcase1.html
i recomend you copy this files to your computer. sometimes they get removed.

don't worry about nutritions.

there are lots of anethesia free stuff also, this are all what you need for all your exams;

http://instruction.cvhs.okstate.edu/vmed5412/
also
other materials
http://instruction.cvhs.okstate.edu/

everything is online and free, you just have to know how to find it.

Reactions: 1 user
one thing more check this site out and tell me how do you like it and your comments about it
http://sites.google.com/site/veterinarylicensingexams/Home
i know you must be busy but you are a noble guy..........
about the german site i have already been through it ,to work in germany as a vet you must be in good command of german language and you will have to attend some courses in vet universities there. courses are about different subjects eg public health...............
the aim of them to give you some experience about how things work there and then you will have to sit exams.but you know the biggest problem about it !vet market in germany is nearly stable ie no great demand except for the rural areas........
i knew this from a german vet if you want to know more i can send you some websites

any place you can get information from is GOOD. the website offer free information. so use them.

dear dr jakish
i appreciate your valuable opinions and advice.but the main problem that people who come to the forum are desperate for information and help from more experienced advisers. they would not wait and read all previous posts regarding their questions.they will go straight ahead to the most active one and ask!
you know i now think of a special thread that is titled for example "study resources for bcse exam" , it will contain the study materials and advices about it and you get rid of question repetition you will be able to focus on other discussions regarding other issues
anyway wish you the best of luck with you career

dear dr jakish
i appreciate your valuable opinions and advice.but the main problem that people who come to the forum are desperate for information and help from more experienced advisers. they would not wait and read all previous posts regarding their questions.they will go straight ahead to the most active one and ask!
you know i now think of a special thread that is titled for example "study resources for bcse exam" , it will contain the study materials and advices about it and you get rid of question repetition you will be able to focus on other discussions regarding other issues
anyway wish you the best of luck with you career

This is a good point, I have thought a bout it, but it will not work in this Forum. I can't add attachments here. the only thing tht would work here is adding information about how to do things.
So the best thing is buildinga website. I did start one but because I'm really busy with work and doing specialty, I don't really have that time now. I will start working on it again in couple of months hopefully. I have almost 15 GB of files it will take for ever to upload them.

Last edited:
dear dr jakish,
you are right the study plan and materials are half the way to pass an exam.for the website you are thinking of maybe you can make good use of this site
http://sites.google.com/site/veterin...singexams/Home
it has the same idea of yours.may be you can contact the admin to add your files there and put your plan i think this will save alot of time and sure will help desperate foreign gradutes .
anyway i have a question ,can i find the "mosby's comprehensive review for veterinary technicians " in the form of pdf or doc or ppt ... anything cuz here in egypt i can't find it and waiting for shipping from the us will take nearly a month and i need to study as soon as possible,hope you have the answer like you've always had.

dear dr jakish,
you are right the study plan and materials are half the way to pass an exam.for the website you are thinking of maybe you can make good use of this site
http://sites.google.com/site/veterin...singexams/Home
it has the same idea of yours.may be you can contact the admin to add your files there and put your plan i think this will save alot of time and sure will help desperate foreign gradutes .
anyway i have a question ,can i find the "mosby's comprehensive review for veterinary technicians " in the form of pdf or doc or ppt ... anything cuz here in egypt i can't find it and waiting for shipping from the us will take nearly a month and i need to study as soon as possible,hope you have the answer like you've always had.

The website is OK but doesn't answer people questions.

As far as I know there is no digital copy of this book. I don't know why are you on hury, what if it takes a months. now you can start reading other books until you get this one. you have all the merck manual online, you can start with it.

you know the main problem with me is hesitation about the materials ,so i wanted to close my eyes and not to read more word about that and only focus on study.
with all respect to you i started not to believe anyone cuz many other people misled me about the sources and everyone of them is thinking that he is the most loyal and truthful adviser.................it has been 4 months now and i haven't started yet because of this,and finally i found you ,i believe you and trust your opinion,and don't want to loose that.
about your site i got an idea you can upload the files on rapidshare or megaupload and and also make a plane in word doc and only leave the link here so you can answer Qs and give it to who wants it

you know the main problem with me is hesitation about the materials ,so i wanted to close my eyes and not to read more word about that and only focus on study.
with all respect to you i started not to believe anyone cuz many other people misled me about the sources and everyone of them is thinking that he is the most loyal and truthful adviser.................it has been 4 months now and i haven't started yet because of this,and finally i found you ,i believe you and trust your opinion,and don't want to loose that.
about your site i got an idea you can upload the files on rapidshare or megaupload and and also make a plane in word doc and only leave the link here so you can answer Qs and give it to who wants it

The problem is people are different. They are different in the way they learn things and also in what they already know. What was good for me might not be good for you. These materials I mentioned have worked for me very well and it was enough. but again I was in the States for almost 5 years before I start to study and I had a lot of experience working as technician. So I don't know what is your background as far as information and I don't know if the exam level of difficulty has changed. I did the first BSCE exam ever. It was very easy almost ridiculous.
I'm giving you my opinion as I had done the test and know how they ask questions and what's enough to study. I hope this still the same.

you are right it seems that i will have to figure my way out hope that god will help me cuz it's along way there and it needs a will made of steel.
i will start with the mosby book and some files on the net to complete the missing parts,i will get back to you if i face a problem if you don't mind
wish you the best of luck and to find people who help you like you helped alot of people

Hola! Everyone
I'm new to this forum, and I just want to say that it is very helpful. I'm a veterinarian from mexico, and have been working as a veterinary tech in the usa for five years and finally have the cojones (and the money) to start in the ecfvg program from the avma. I have done step 1 and 2 and will do step 3 (bcse) in december 8. I'm working two jobs, have a family and don't know where I'll get time to study, but it's a great challenge to try and finish this program. My plan of action for bcse is to study Mosby's techinician book, also I did a resume of the NAVLE videos from florida and read it while I watch them (they are very good), and I did a resume from book 1 and 2 of the VCRC. I hope this works because for now that's all the material I have. I'll let everyone Know!:thumbup:

hi every body
this is my story:i applyed for next VTNE on AAVSB website and i payed a fee and sent to them my transcription ,certificate.

my question is:should i apply for state bord which i want to take my exam in too or what is i did enough?(will aavsb send my application to the state?)
thank you

Anyone in California interested in getting together and studying for December's BCSE?

dear dvmjakish
i found the 1998 published mosby's comprehensive review for vet. tech.do you think its good or should i buy the 2008 version ie is there a difference between them

dear dvmjakish
i found the 1998 published mosby's comprehensive review for vet. tech.do you think its good or should i buy the 2008 version ie is there a difference between them

I wouldn't really know. the one I did read was 2002 I think. So I'm not familiar with the older or newer books. maybe it is better to get the new one. just keep it nice and clean. then you can resell it on amazon.com or half.com. that what I did.

Im new to this e discussion. The ECFVG??? The almighty .Well, when i looked at the USMLE OR ECFMG.they have a laid down syllbus. I have never seen a syllabus in the BCSE.I asked a colleague and she told me she cannot go through the rigour of reading without purpose.Infact,she has diverted into nursing.
There are many foreign vets who are scared of the ecfvg and have virtually diverted into something else,yet,AVMA keeps on saying there are shortage of vets in the USA.

Im new to this e discussion. The ECFVG??? The almighty .Well, when i looked at the USMLE OR ECFMG.they have a laid down syllbus. I have never seen a syllabus in the BCSE.I asked a colleague and she told me she cannot go through the rigour of reading without purpose.Infact,she has diverted into nursing.
There are many foreign vets who are scared of the ecfvg and have virtually diverted into something else,yet,AVMA keeps on saying there are shortage of vets in the USA.

First time I put my hand o the Merck I thought, this is never going to happen. It took me hours to read couple of pages; I had to open the dictionary so many times. I simply gave up. Later I thought that every night I come back from work and watch TV. Maybe if I read just for fun it would be a better thing to do. I did, I stopped thinking about all the exams and start reading just for knowledge. I watched some TV too. I continued my simple life and I added 2-3 hours of reading every night and little longer than that in the weekends. Before I know it and three month later I start cruising through the pages in no time. Most of the words become familiar and I hardly ever used the dictionary. As time went by, I felt that I know so much now and maybe I can try. I did it.

I'm not the smartest person ever. I can grantee you that most of you guys out there are much smarter than me. And I came to the U.S with less than 300 English words in my head. When I speak people smile, just to be nice, because no one understood what was I trying to say.

So don't punish your self, don't push your self to the breaking point, start easy and don't give up. If I did it, you can, trust me. You can do it.

Last edited:
Hello,

Just looking for a little advice as to how best to tackle studying for the BSCE.... I am to sit the exam December 8th 2008. I am currently completing my 4th year clinics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and as such have limited time (I'm sure most of you can recall your clinical experiences as students). I have read many of the post pertaining to the BSCE... and am looking for a little advice regarding how best to approach the upcoming exam. I have purchased most of the National Veterinary Medical Series, except for the Small Animal Surgery (cannot find for sale). I can't seem to locate the University of Florida videos many of you mention in your posts either....

I'm a little panicked at enormity of this task given my 4th year schedule... so any advice would be welcomed.

Regards.

Hello,

Just looking for a little advice as to how best to tackle studying for the BSCE.... I am to sit the exam December 8th 2008. I am currently completing my 4th year clinics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and as such have limited time (I'm sure most of you can recall your clinical experiences as students). I have read many of the post pertaining to the BSCE... and am looking for a little advice regarding how best to approach the upcoming exam. I have purchased most of the National Veterinary Medical Series, except for the Small Animal Surgery (cannot find for sale). I can't seem to locate the University of Florida videos many of you mention in your posts either....

I'm a little panicked at enormity of this task given my 4th year schedule... so any advice would be welcomed.

Regards.

As far as the videos, they are no longer available on the UFL website. they might be moved or removed. this is another website where you can find them. http://www.vetvideos.com/ there are other videos too.

the National Veterinary Medical Series are my best books. I still have them for quick referance. they might come back to amazon.com if you want it now , it is avilable in the U.K , it shouldn't cost a lot to mail it . her is the web.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0683000853/ref=dp_olp_2/279-7734952-1156413

I think a 4th year student shouldn't have any problem passing the BSCE. you are still in school and all the info are in your head. the best quick fix for the exam is the Mosbys-Comprehensive-Review-Veterinary-Technician

http://www.amazon.com/Mosbys-Compre...f=sr_1_1ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224993466&sr=8-1

this book was my way to pass the test. I think it had almost all the questions. just try to look for x-rays and photos for prasites (2-3 questions)and the most common diseases.

Hi Everyone,
Hei guys, I took my BSCE this May and, :oops:unfortunatelly - did not make it through. Passing scores are 580(pretty high in comparisson wNAVLE). I got 420 - way too law. I used as a preparatory materials zuku, vet techs review books, Merck VM and some vcrc. Just as FYI to everybody, it was not easy test, so learn from my mistakes and study hard. Good luck to all of You.
Sincerely,
DAVMD

:mad:
I am sorry you didnt pass the BSCE. Dont give up you will pass next time. I am schedule for December. I havent have time to study but if I dont pass at least I will know how is the text develop.

Good luck next time :)

First time I put my hand o the Merck I thought, this is never going to happen. It took me hours to read couple of pages; I had to open the dictionary so many times. I simply gave up. Later I thought that every night I come back from work and watch TV. Maybe if I read just for fun it would be a better thing to do. I did, I stopped thinking about all the exams and start reading just for knowledge. I watched some TV too. I continued my simple life and I added 2-3 hours of reading every night and little longer than that in the weekends. Before I know it and three month later I start cruising through the pages in no time. Most of the words become familiar and I hardly ever used the dictionary. As time went by, I felt that I know so much now and maybe I can try. I did it.

I’m not the smartest person ever. I can grantee you that most of you guys out there are much smarter than me. And I came to the U.S with less than 300 English words in my head. When I speak people smile, just to be nice, because no one understood what was I trying to say.

So don’t punish your self, don’t push your self to the breaking point, start easy and don’t give up. If I did it, you can, trust me. You can do it.

Thank you dvmjakish for your words....
It is encouraging to know that some else went through the steps that I am experiencing right now and accomplished it. It is good to know that there is hope. Thank you very much.

Hola! Everyone
I'm new to this forum, and I just want to say that it is very helpful. I'm a veterinarian from mexico, and have been working as a veterinary tech in the usa for five years and finally have the cojones (and the money) to start in the ecfvg program from the avma. I have done step 1 and 2 and will do step 3 (bcse) in december 8. I'm working two jobs, have a family and don't know where I'll get time to study, but it's a great challenge to try and finish this program. My plan of action for bcse is to study Mosby's techinician book, also I did a resume of the NAVLE videos from florida and read it while I watch them (they are very good), and I did a resume from book 1 and 2 of the VCRC. I hope this works because for now that's all the material I have. I'll let everyone Know!:thumbup:

Hey tequila I have a very similar plan, this is my email
[email protected], email me... :)