Forgot to add NRMP code into ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PatsyStone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I registered for the NRMP when it opened, but I forgot to add my NRMP ID to my ERAS profile. My NRMP profile, however, has my USMLE and AAMC IDs. This morning I remembered that I never added my NRMP ID to eras, so I just did this. Is this OK? Do I need to email programs to tell them my NRMP ID?

You know, I told myself I wasn't going to freak out in the days before the rank list is due, but I guess it didn't hold up . . .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I registered for the NRMP when it opened, but I forgot to add my NRMP ID to my ERAS profile. My NRMP profile, however, has my USMLE and AAMC IDs. This morning I remembered that I never added my NRMP ID to eras, so I just did this. Is this OK? Do I need to email programs to tell them my NRMP ID?

You know, I told myself I wasn't going to freak out in the days before the rank list is due, but I guess it didn't hold up . . .

It's not a problem. Programs can use your AAMC number as easily as your NRMP number to look you up. We can also find the applicants we want to rank via name search. There's nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for asking OP! Just had that mini heart attack too. Phew.. Just a neurotic mind wandering though, what will happen if an applicant forgot to update his/her NRMP ID and passed the deadline for ROL submission?